Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which money no object (within reason) 140mm frame?
  • frank4short
    Free Member

So pretty much as per the thread title really. Looking to build up a top of the line full sus with about 140mm on the rear. Will almost certainly be building it from frame up. So looking for suggestions for top of the line lightish full sus's. At the moment the Santa Cruz Blur LTC has my eye. Oh & i'm not interested in anything with an integral headset after a few bad experiences so that's the Ibis Mojo out & no i don't want to buy an Orange 5 either.

johni
    Free Member

Cove Hustler? Bit heavier than the Blur LTC.

Or Rocky Mountain Altitude 90?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Blur LT or LTc. I've got the Alu version and it's very good – I can't imagine a better 140mm bike, especially on the ups, but maybe the carbon is.

clipper
    Free Member

Nicolai AC if you're into a bit of niche

infidel
    Free Member

yeti 575 or the asr 5 – fall either side of 14mm.. depends on what you want it for!!

frank4short
    Free Member

depends on what you want it for!!

To beat my mates of course…

tazzymtb

what mtb have just run a boutique frame test for 140mm jobbos

may be worth having a look

Filthy
    Free Member

Has Si been on to reccommend the Chumba VF2 yet…?

Mine's for sale here if your interested.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

You won't regret a Blur Ltc… I love mine!

tazzymtb

maverick ml7/5

ellsworth epiphany

ventana el ciclon

titus ftm

seven duo-lux

Don't go mainstream….it's so dull and you'll end up looking like every other trail center cock end 😉

Mugboo

Not sure its light enough or boutique enough but reading between the lines of all the reviews that new Saracen Ariel frame gets storming reviews!

hora
    Free Member

LT2

doug_basqueMTB.com

Love my Hustler, it's a compromise for sure but lets me do big mountain routes with a couple of thousand meters of vertical one day and ride DH courses the next day. The VF2 looks cool too, I'm looking seriously at that as a replacement for the Hustler, especially with the CCDB for £150 it looks stunning. I rode a Blur 4x for a bit and that was nice too so maybe the LT2 would be as good. Also rode the new DW 5-Spot and it was nice too, I like the raised driveside chainstays.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Sorry I'm late 🙂

The Chumba VF2 is a 5" trail bike that is pretty versatile. If you wanna know more drop me an email.

Just about to run an offer buy a vf2 frame and fox float qr15 fork for £1599, bargain 😉

oxnop
    Free Member

I've had an orange 5am and mojo SL and now own a LTc & the otherhalf has a LT2.

The LTc is a lovely bike, the difference in stiffness between the mojo (and even the LT2) compared to the LTc is very noticeable especially when flying through rock gardens.

The only downside is the maintenance required to keep the linkages in tip top condition. I've started to strip the bikes down monthly (only takes 15mins to strip down and regrease) and since starting this routine we don't get any annoying creaks.

njee20
    Free Member

Mojo SL? Slightly more than 140mm admittedly, that'd be my choice though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which money no object (within reason) 140mm frame?’ is closed to new replies.