Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • which microscooter?
  • avalanchequeen
    Free Member

As title,

am looking for a micro scooter for commuting from and to the train station. Don't want to leave my bike at the train station, too many thieves around.

I will have to go up/downhill.

Is it worth investing 100 pounds for the Micro Scooter Speed+?

Thanks for any advice

Bimbler
    Free Member

I was pondering one of these although not sure 40 year old blokes should be riding scooters :-(. Bigger wheels than the Micro make it superior in the same way that 29ers are compared to 26ers 8)

breatheeasy
    Free Member

How far is the commute?

molgrips
    Free Member

Get a brompton.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You are joking?

brassneck

I'd rather buy a really cheap bike and a really big lock.

molgrips
    Free Member

Or some other much better folding bike 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ace troll. Best for a while.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'd rather walk.

rootes1

brompton – much more usable and you look less (just) of a ****t that an adult on a scooter..

plus you will end up with one massive leg from scooting..

how about running instead?

having said all that scooters are fun

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

None, buy a skateboard and ride like a man!

redthunder
    Free Member

Why dont you get a pair of those daps with wheels in the heels ?

There ACE and KEwl 😉

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nothing worse than a grown man on a scooter, see a couple evryday near the station in sheffield – and they look like real w4nkers. sorry if that sound harsh.

get a cheap hack bike or walk, especially if you have up hill sections.

mogrim

I could be wrong here – not the first time – but a username like "avalanchequeen" seems to indicate the OP's a woman, not a man. Not that she'd look any less stupid on a scooter 🙂

mogrim

Oh, and FWIW, my daughter has a scooter, it's a lovely Hello Kitty model and she's very happy with it. But then she is 6.

rootes1

but a username like "avalanchequeen" seems to indicate the OP's a woman, not a man. N

not so sure…. queen?

avalanchequeen
    Free Member

HA,
    exactly what I have always been thinking about those people on scooters! Have recently moved Vevey in Switzerland and bloody hell, everyone has one of those scooters! First time I arrived, I really thought I was in a bad movie. They all look sooo stupid! I do actually prefer walking, but the area is not too safe and I have to leave at 6:30 every morning. Of course I would loooooove a bromption, but I can't take the bike on the train.You have to pay for a bike the same amount as for a child and it is not always allowed anyway. Really depends on the type of train…Also, I don't get off at the same station in the evening so would have to go back to get my bike every evening.

By the way, am no queen at all. Stupid name chosen by an ex and never changed it. As I will be living now close to the Swiss and French Alps, I would love to find a group of people to go riding with. Anyone from the Riviera area?
    Have to say, during the last 3 years, I rode only roads as I couldn't find anyone into mountainbiking where I used to live (Canaries). I used to run a lot as well, though So, I guess I will be a bit rusty…
    Anyone there who wouldn't mind me tagging a long on w/e?
    Would be great.
    cheers

rootes1

Of course I would loooooove a bromption, but I can't take the bike on the train

erm? not even folded up as 'luggage'? in a little coverbag (hangs from the saddle when not in use?

this is the whole benefit of bromptons – bike on train that is not a bike ideal for use when 'bikes' are banned.

Lionheart
    Free Member

I am with the others 'scooters and grown ups' !! But If you are going to, then IMO it has to be a Go Ped. Having tried -no watched someone trying all of them the Go Ped is the most serious and looks the least like a micro (its more like a middle one). It is the Orange 5 of the scooter world but most of the others are Halfords specials.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bromptons etc are exempt from the bike carriage rules on UK trains for sure.

IainAhh
    Free Member

I have three scooters in the backgarden – (for 5 year olds of course.)

My brother went flat on his back on the patio trying to show off .. how we laughed!! at least he didn't hurt himself as a 40 year old teacher turning up with a bust arm would not be cool.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘which microscooter?’ is closed to new replies.