Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which memory stick for car stereo and DVDs/tablets?
  • hora
    Free Member

Its kinda new to me. I’ve used memory sticks for presentations but not music or DVDs etc. Is there a specific one thats good or are they all the same internally?

binners

binners

Cougar

It’s just media, what you put on it is up to you. You don’t have separate hard disks in your computer for music and presentations (probably), USB pendrives are no different.

What do you mean by “DVD’s / tablets”? To plug a pendrive into a tablet a) you’ll need a specific cable called an OTG cable, and b) the device will have to support it either natively or with an app. (Assuming non-iDevice).

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Something short so you don’t break it off.

johnners
    Free Member

I think they’re all much the same. Speeds vary a lot but unless you’re moving bulk data around regularly it doesn’t really matter much. I like these because they’re low profile, useful if they’ll be sticking out of something.

edit – too slow!

stumpy01

Yeah – what they said – just get one of those stubby ones that doesn’t protrude more than a few mm from the actual USB port, so you don’t have to worry about it catching on stuff.

I got one from Mymemory for my Wife’s car that just sits in their permanently.

Most tablets though (and quite a few stereo’s) would use microSD or just SD in the case of the car stereo’s.
    In that case, just get one that fits your budget. I have used class10 (fast) cards before, but had a problem with one in my Sony phone. Not sure if it was related to an issue with that card or that speed classification of card (some websites were claiming that the phone wasn’t designed to work with class 10 & should be used with Class4 or 6). I replaced that card with the cheapest class 4 card I could get and it’s been fine since – it’s fast enough for music/video to play from without buffering. I suspect that 1080p film recording might be a problem, but I never do that on my phone.

unovolo
    Free Member

Sandisk Dual drive if you don’t want to carry round extra leads as it has a MicroUSB connector one side and a Normal USB on the other.
    http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/dualdrive/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which memory stick for car stereo and DVDs/tablets?’ is closed to new replies.