Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which maps sd card for my 810
  • bikemanspen
    Free Member

As the title says is there an sd card which would do for road and off-road cycling? I’m looking to buy one but don’t have a clue which to buy! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ben

rickmeister

Have a look at open mountain bike mapping, good maps, with contours for free…

Works really well.

https://www.google.de/search?q=openmtbmap&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

bikemanspen
    Free Member

I don’t know how to get those type of maps up on my 810 tho tbh as I’m not great with tech. I’ll give it a try but thought an sd card would just be an easy option (with maps on)

rickmeister

The site I shared a link to has got very clear step by step guides but you will need the micro sd card to put the downloaded maps on.

bikemanspen
    Free Member

So I just need a blank micro sd card then I can download the maps onto it?

Cheers Ben

stealthcat

I got a Garmin 800 recently, and used an old phone micro SD card to put the maps on it. Roughly, you need to create a folder on the SD card called Garmin and save the maps to that folder – as long as you check the format is correct, it really isn’t difficult.

I just followed the instructions from here and once I realised i needed to create the folder, it all worked perfectly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which maps sd card for my 810’ is closed to new replies.