Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which Lightweight waterproof?????
  • carlos
    Free Member

Hi All,

Looking at purchasing a lightweight waterproof jacket for when I get caught out with the weather, but as per the title, which one? So far I’ve been looking at something like the Montane featherlite Velo or Smock.

What would you recommend from your experiences and whats the fit like?

Idealy it would be, small when packed away, light, waterproof, windproof and hoodless.

Cheers

Carl

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I really like my Gore bike wear paclite. fits most of your criteria but not sure about your budget.

andygreener

Gill pro speed – very nice

Rivett
    Free Member

Gore Paclite here to. Packs up small.

Philby

Montane Featherlite

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Montane Featherlite – cracking lightweight smock for the money – unless it is really chucking it down it will keep you dry, packs down to “a small eating apple” and breaths fine. Used to have Gore Paclite and not worth the money imho.

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies,

I’ll get out and have a look at weekend and try them for size/fit. As it’s something I don’t plan on wearing a lot of the time, only when caught out by the weather I might just opt for the Montane purley based on more cash left over for other new stuff.

Cheers

Carl

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve got a montane featherlight smock, its great – one of my most useful bits of kit. You can get one for £16 here if you’re happy with XL – http://www.rockrun.com/products-Featherlite-Smock-DEAL_MC-WJ-FSDL.htm

scuttler

The Montane Pertex stuff is NOT waterproof – very much shower resistant and very light and packable but don’t think it’ll keep you dry in anything but a quick shower. Ideal for mountain biking when it’s cold or damp/wet but not cold AND damp/wet. And cheap too in case you rag it in a crash.

trailmonkey

Montane Velo is not waterproof. Windproof yes, shower proof? About as much as your jersey. If it rains properly, you’ll get wet.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought a montane featherlight velo h20 last week, not had a chance to try it in the rain yet though. Yeh it’s small but not “a small eating apple” small – more a large cooking apple. Not very nice in the looks department though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which Lightweight waterproof?????’ is closed to new replies.