Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which LBS around Glasgow?
  • Johnbot
    Free Member

Who do you use? I need to get a headset/forks built up and im not going to attempt the youtube no special tools methods. Preferably someone on the South side of the river

coffeeking
    Free Member

Don't know anyone southside, sorry. I do like Alpine bikes (near charing cross) though.

BoardinBob

Bikes Behind Bars

http://www.bikes-behindbars.co.uk/

I get all my workshop stuff done there and Donald the owner is really good. Quick service and excellent workmanship plus his prices are reasonable

Johnbot
    Free Member

I have been trying to get Behind Bars for a few days on the phone, same goes with Willy Bain's but i can't get any response from either

BoardinBob

He (BBB) was closed yesterday as it was Glasgow fair Monday and he doesn't open on Sunday.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bike shops that don't open on weekends/holidays?! When I worked in a shop those were the main trade days!

BoardinBob

None of the small LBS' round my way open on Sunday. Only Halfords, Dales, Alpine and Evans. I think Bikelove in the west end may open but I've never been in.

dmiller
    Free Member

Dales is pretty good – I have never been unhappy with them. Their workshop can be very busy though.

downgrade
    Free Member

Would recommend Craig mcmartin cycles on pollokshaws road, also closed Sundays I think though

Phatman
    Free Member

BikeLove

specialone
    Free Member

Alpine are good value, as are gears who did my headset the other week, both west end tho

sor
    Free Member

Willy Bain was closed today too (as you noticed), presumably for an extended Fair holiday. He is back open tomorrow. No complaints for Behind Bars work, but I find Willy Bain always seems to have more choice of bits in stock at any time.

Northwind

Craig McMartin/Freeflow maybe? Never used them for servicing but it's a good shop. Surprising amount of toys crammed in it

marty
    Free Member

Bikelove

> When I worked in a shop those were the main trade days!
    Why don't you work in a shop now? Having to work on weekends / public holidays? 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which LBS around Glasgow?’ is closed to new replies.