Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Lapierre for an all round bike
  • kitebikeski
    Free Member

Been swithering over getting one of the discounted pro race Lapierres – either the 300 or carbon 500 in the CRC mega clearance.

The history – Am downsizing from an overspecced FS bike,- Kona Dawg which I have never liked. Previously had a Kona Kikapu which I loved.
    Been riding daughter’s Boardman team pro HT occasionally when I am allowed & love the effortless hill climbing and speed.

Want something that I can blast singletrack on, some – mountain trips – Coulags Toridon etc, but the reality is I’m not going to be taking big drops, jumps etc. Both wheels wil be remaining frmly on the ground!

Also looking at the X Flow or X Control, but don’t want to go back into Dawg Territory

What diametrically opposing views are there?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

zety 714

honourablegeorge

They do a lovely short travel 29er that would probably be perfect for what you describe.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Zesty not in the sale.

Short travel 29er – pro race 529 – yep was looking at that

chaz
    Free Member

my zesty in the classified cheap also have the benifit to biuld yourself

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Indeed Zesty not in the sale, but whenever the mags test the X-Flow or X-Control, they normally suggest a Zesty would be as light, more versatile and more fun.

However, I think the one with the Pendbox gets a good review in WMB this month and the other short travel full suss got a good write up in Singletrack mag.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Cheers but looking for something on bike to work

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

You wanted alround bike not bike for under X amount. Still a Zesty As they say above more versatile do anything

kitebikeski
    Free Member

That’s true – was being swayed by %discount rather than overall suitability!

Back to the drawing board!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Lapierre for an all round bike’ is closed to new replies.