Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Which knee pads?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m tight.

I live in Thailand.

I’m not a gnarly rider but (badly) cracked my patella just before Christmas.

I ride 2-3 hour I hate to say it but Enduro type riding. Big ups but big downs too.

In other words, which cheap, light knee guards for longish rides? Protection is kind of secondary in as much as I’m not jumping 25′ doubles at Atherton speed! Lightweight and comfort is more important.

661 Rampage?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/th/en/661-rampage-knee-shin-guards-2013/rp-prod72480

bedfordrd

I would suggest not buying cheap – knees: you’ll miss them when they’re gone!

After hurting myself (again!) I invesed in some POC VPD 2.0 kneepads – I really don;t want to be off the bike again… However, they’re £££s (but worth it for me).

zero-cool
    Free Member

Rampage pads are the new version of Kyle Straits (I think) and will be perfect for what you’re doing. I’m still running the old 661 KS pads but and about to wear out the last pair in my stockpile. I’ve tried many other different pads but none seem to be as comfy and protective (usually they are one or the other). I felt the POC VPD knee pads were quite tight fitting, less comfy and iirc had less side padding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Which knee pads?’ is closed to new replies.