Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which jockey wheels for XT 9 speed?
  • jwmlee
    Free Member

Can anyone please suggest a good replacement for XT 9 Speed jockey wheels?

strackbaz
    Free Member

I had the same issue recently and changed mine to Tacx at my lbs. I paid £18 and I know I could’ve found them online cheaper like here http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/25/gp4050/tacx-910-spd-shimano-jockey-wheels.html but they fitted them FOC.

I can honestly say that I haven’t noticed any difference in performance compared to the originals. What I did notice was visually how worn the originals were compared to the new ones. I didn’t buy into to the benefits of the ceramic bearings.

Good luck

daznal
    Free Member

kcnc about £20 last for ages and look great if you can see them under the clag

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

LX ones were £2.99 a piece at CRC. Nowt wrong with them. Not ceramic bushed ones like XT though.

Clobber
    Free Member

BBB from dotbike, 10x better than standard. about a tenner I think

MrTall
    Free Member

BBB here as well and they’ve been fine so far. I am considering some KCNC ones though as i’m wondering is the machined out areas on them means they collect less muck?

FOG

No, more. All the little holes fill up with neat plugs of mud.

brassneck
    fasthaggis

OMG

PaulD
    Free Member

Just get the BBB ones from Dotbike for £10, remove a rubber seal from each bearing to fill with lovely grease. Fit and ride. For years.

Good as XTR, cheaper than XT, infinitely better than a steel bush with no seals using slurry as a lube/abrasive until you get sloppy changes from a worn guide pulley (read Deore, SLX, Hone, LX and even lesser groupos).

PaulD

abennell
    Free Member

Another fan of bbb here, got the ceramic ones, think they were £16, lasted ages and totally problem free. Great replacement.

andyl
    Free Member

aye just get the cheap ones.

as for lightweight alloy ones, I got a few sets of the $11 a pair sets from Toronto cycles for myself and some guys I used to ride with in Bristol and they have been great. Think they worked out at about £8 a set posted. So far I would say they clog up less than flat plastic ones. I think it’s because the spokes chop up the mud a bit instead of just letting is accumulate between the plates, chain and jockey.

Matt24k
    Free Member

+1 for

Just get the BBB ones from Dotbike for £10, remove a rubber seal from each bearing to fill with lovely grease. Fit and ride. For years.

jwmlee
    Free Member

Thanks very much!

jwmlee
    Free Member

BBBs fitted. Much appreciated!

rocketman
    Free Member

Edit: nothing to see here 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which jockey wheels for XT 9 speed?’ is closed to new replies.