Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • Which jeans for a newly 38 year old?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m going to be 38 next friday, does that make me just above the average STW age? Jeans have always been a difficult purchase for me, 32 inch waist, but large calves and thighs, my bum is far from tiny either. My jeans are currently **** as they fit me pretty well, but are not too current style wise. At 14.5 stone I’m not about to wear skinny jeans, although most jeans are skinny on me.

Any suggestions from the larger legged gents out there.

geoffj

DD to the forum please.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No jeans – you are too old. Who do you think you are? clarkson?

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re 38? Honestly mate, any jeans will do. It just doesn’t matter any more.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

32″ waist @ 14.5 stone?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Get yourself to George at Asda – they will do something to fit your more mature frame.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member

Get yourself to George at Asda – they will do something to fit your more mature frame.

Or just shoot yourself now.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

8)

ericemel
    Free Member

Howies

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks for the generous replies, I’m pretty young looking for my age. KINGTUT, the numbers are correct, six pack too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

FWIW – I just got some jeans from Next (32” waist, 30” leg). They fit fine and look okay. But I only got them because they were dead cheap in the sale and are used for crawling around the floor with the kids and being constantly washed due to the constant food/snot being wiped on them (by the kids, not me).

I am 43 and around 12st.

GAP always seem to do well-fitting trousers in my experience – better quality than most and a more generous fit. (Currently wearing a pair of combat-style (ie with thigh pockets, NOT camo pattern). Again bought in the sales.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD to the forum please.

8)

(I was re-reading that thread the other day – quite the giggle it was)

Levis and G-Star do excellent ranges of fits.

And there’s nothing wrong with skinny jeans.

EDIT: Jeans, from NEXT?? 😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    mastiles_fanylion – Member

Or just shoot yourself now.
    Ahem – what is wrong with the George Brand?

😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m not expecting to be fashionable, but I don’t want to look like Elbry or Clarkson either.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And there’s nothing wrong with skinny jeans.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

EDIT: Jeans, from NEXT??

Yarp – I ain’t paying £60+ for jeans. The ones I wear all cost me around £15/£20.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Come on, this is meant to be a cycling site, surely one of you has big legs and wears jeans?!

binners

what is wrong with the George Brand?

Don’t you think there’s just something achingly sad about buying clothes in a shop that does its own brand tomato ketchup?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

OP, what’s your budget?

Bagstard
    Free Member

Jeebus Captain, no frickin chance would I wear those. The skinny kids may get away with it, but lord above some people need to take a look at themselves!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t you think there’s just something achingly sad about buying clothes in a shop that does its own brand tomato ketchup?

MrSmith
    Free Member

get a nice pair of Edwin, Evisu or Nudie Selvedge.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Max price around £80.

DrJ

<splutter!!>

OP: G-Star baggy jeans, for fat arses and thick legs.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Come on, this is meant to be a cycling site, surely one of you has big legs and wears jeans?!

Plenty on here have big legs as they claim to have ‘cycling’ legs, in actual fact it just fat.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’ve worn some G-star in the past which were quite nice, but probably a little more ‘young’ than I’m feeling at the moment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Max price around £80.

If you have access to a shop selling G-Star, then get yourself in there then – and then go and buy them from ASOS 8)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

binners – Member

what is wrong with the George Brand?

George do ketchup?

nbt

I’m similar, 32 waist but big thighs, Pierre Cardin jeans are great, picked up a couple of pairs recently in TK MAxx at £25 each

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m just big boned, honest! 😀

rewski
    Free Member

Nah, there bikes are great too, I love ChAvSDA!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Lee jeans are cheap and good.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In budget too.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks people, a few to look into there

rewski
    Free Member

Edwins here, major shrinkage on first wash though.

EDIT: oh and 42 on Friday – btw.

project
    Free Member

Lee Cooper, or try TJ HUGHES all the stuff is being sold off due to their liquidation.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Do the Chuck Norris jeans have elasticated waist? Don’t think I’m quite there yet, well I hope not anyway.

rocketman
    Free Member

picked up a couple of pairs recently in TK MAxx at £25 each

^^ this. Diesel, Klein, Energie…

Bagstard
    Free Member

My wife works for TJX head office, so 20% discount too! 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    No jeans – you are too old. Who do you think you are? clarkson?

Who do you think you are? Jock Wan?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Which jeans for a newly 38 year old?’ is closed to new replies.