Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • which is the brightest rear light?
  • jj55

Can you recommend a good rear light? Preferably VERY bright!

fingerbike
    Free Member

Impressed with my Blackburn Mars 3, and the £3 Smart 3 led light I have also, both considerably brighter than a cateye light that I have.

elliptic
    Free Member
    slightreturn
    Free Member

the smart ones are great, and only cheap so not to precious over them

AndyP
    Free Member

surprisingly enough, the Smart 1W is brighter than the Smart 1/2W. But for the cash the 1/2W is brilliant. Brighter than the HHG fo' sure, but the HHG has good sideways light. Poisonally I run 2 HHGs and a 1W on the back. Better to be a Christmas tree than a SMIDSY…

alexonabike

Lumicycle has a good-un: Clicky

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I have one of the cateye ones and with two buttons (top and bottom can be like separate lights, dunno if they still can) it can be really eye-catching with different patterns.

AndyP
    Free Member

that's the HHG…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I've got 2 of these: http://direct.asda.com/Taillight-Nightshield/000953431,default,pd.html £7 each, and really bright, lots of different stobe like effects,and spot on IMHO..

jj55

Thanks for your recommendations ………..

ziggy
    Free Member

Fibre Flare

Ace, there is alot more area of light and is omni directional.
    Oh and my son likes playing Star Wars with it 🙂

petesam
    Free Member

if you have an Exposure front light then the redeye is bloody blinding…but then you probably don't have an Exposure front light. So this is pointless. But either way, it's bloody bright, you could probably use it as a front light on the road!

stoney
    Free Member

+1 for the Smart 1/2…..With fresh batteries it is quite off putting to those behind! ❗

firestarter
    Free Member

petesam how does the red eye affect the battery life

grumm
    Free Member

smart 1/2 watt – stupidly bright.

JBiker
    Free Member

How much do you want to spend? I've got the DiNotte L200 AA rear, which is fantastic. You feel very safe on the road at night with that blazing out behind!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote for the Hand Grenade here. Combined with a helmet mounted Vista, very good coverage.

Best set up – One row flashing, one row constant.

Oh, and get some good ankle bands too…Such as these Respro ones (Seen here wrapped around a real man's ankle… 😉 )

AndyP
    Free Member

fibre flares ain't particularly bright though, although they are useful. A nice backup to a bright light or two, granted.

petesam
    Free Member

Ah, the redeyes doesn't make a whole heap of difference to running times as far as I'm aware, it's the same LED as the joystick, but pushing out 80 lumens or so. I was out for just under three hours last night with it on and my battery didn't die (had a Race on the front)…so from that I'm going to say hardly any affect at all.

crazy-legs

This little baby:
    Niterider CherryBomb

I was behind a rider with one of these the other day on my way into work and it was so bright I had to overtake, couldn't stand the retina burn I was getting off it. Imagine a nice clear night and the car in front has forgotten to turn off their rear fog lights. The NiteRider was more annoying than that!

GreenK
    Free Member

Another vote for the holy hand grenade.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I spoke to the guys on the stand at the Cycle show about the red eye and they reckon it would reduce burn time by 15 – 20 mins on max. I too can say that they are blindingly bright. probably best used if you are either solo or at the back of the pack. No way I'd want to ride behind one!

P20

I've never seen one in use, but twin 1/2watt leds must be effective:
    Clicky Linky Thingy

Not cheap though.

(still using my 10yr old vista brick here) 😆

pinches
    Free Member

i've got a Knog Gekko on the back and its good enough for me, and light/compact.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Blackburn Mars 4 shines red at the back and amber at the side.

+1 for the ankle bands, too. I have a broad and varied range (sadly), but the Aldi ones that are reflective yellow with stretchy & velcro to hold them on – and 3 or 4 red LEDs that flash – and the £4 for four includes batteries too.

hitman
    Free Member

Without question its the Dinotte tail light – ridiculously expensive but and its a very big but, cars slow down and overtake giving you plenty of room. Well worth the money – I'm thinking of getting another!!

Driller
    Free Member

Another vote for the Blackburn Mars, as bright as you'll get for fifteen quid I think, with some additional side visibility thrown in too.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

you can't beat this look as far as I am concerned

SMIDSY

You can get a red filter for a fenix. In turbo-flashing mode it is probably bright enough to be seen from space…

These look tasty and you can drive over them…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Knog skink..

genesis
    Free Member

I also run a Respro bag cover on my rucksack, the one with the striplights on and its fapping bright!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘which is the brightest rear light?’ is closed to new replies.