Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Which Impact Driver??
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Budget of about £150-200
    Is it worth going 18v?
    Is it worth buying brushless?

Was thinking of getting a Makita but open to suggestions.
    How is the variable speed on the trigger?

maccruiskeen

How is the variable speed on the trigger

Not very, but some of the makita drivers have 4 speed settings that allow to to slow them down for more delicate or fiddly work.

righty
    Free Member

Milwaukee without a doubt(had makita and boshe blue b4) I have the 12v and 18v and the 12v gets used most of the time, the only jonb the 18v is essential for is puting up metal studwork.

hth

cranberry
    Free Member

olly2097
    Free Member

My bosch blue one is awesome.

I did however prefer my cheapo screwfix “erbauer” one but the quality control just isn’t there. The charger died then the unit. Light weight and powerful mind. Nicer to use than my reliable bosch.

BigJohn

Another vote for the Erbauer. I’ve had mine over a year. Daily use. Yesterday I used it for 100 concrete screws and it was just fine. I keep waiting for it to go wrong so I can justify a more manly brand for when I’m on site with other tool snobs though.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Bosch blue for my money. Can’t go wrong with any of their stuff. works and keeps on doing so.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got an ancient dewalt 18v brushless one that my mate gave me when he got all new kit.

It’s brilliant, was driving 8 inch decking screws without breaking a sweat

br
    Free Member

I’ve a 18v Makita, really impressed with it. Not used every day but when it is I’m amazed at what it’ll drive in.

One of my sons has a 24v Dewalt, we used it to swap over my summer/winter tyres on the car. Have to seriously hold on tight to it and it tries to break your wrists.

maccruiskeen

Whatever impact driver you buy – pair it with Screw-tite screws from Toolstation. Especially ones in 4.5mm dia. Its an excellent combo.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Milwaukee without a doubt(had makita and boshe blue b4) I have the 12v and 18v and the 12v gets used most of the time, the only jonb the 18v is essential for is puting up metal studwork.

hth

What he said. Awesome bits of kit.

spectraken
    Free Member

I have the Makita DTD152, it goes all day long on site (sparky) and I’d definitely recommend it.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I tend to think makita, Hitachi, Bosch blue and dewalt are all good brands (possibly in that order) and none will be poor. Unless there is a deal on somewhere there’s little to choose between them. Brands like Titan and erbauer are much lesser products but still get reasonable value and ok for lighter diy user. Milwaukee I think are excellent too, not sure where I’d put them…. Makita level maybe? I’m just a diy user though so not extensive heavy use.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Went with a 3 speed dewalt with 5.0ah battery and charger for £190

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MCT7C1P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A159T8BEQINGCW

cranberry
    Free Member

Congratulations – awesome power and, when switched down to mode 1 very gentle – if you hold your finger on the trigger it will torque out, then start a gentle hammer action.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Was thinking of getting a Makita but open to suggestions.

edit, thread from the dead

neilnevill
    Free Member

I bought Bosch blue in April, stuck several thousand screws in over the next couple of weeks. Amazing. Trigger control awesome, plasterboard is easy as control is so good, at other end out drives 6″ screws with no pilot hole no problem. I used to hate screws, being left handed all screws were awkward, now I want more screws.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

*edit. Although doesn’t require charging please note that you may require regular medical attention from your local ER.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Which Impact Driver??’ is closed to new replies.