Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which hope wheels?
  • ScotlandTheScared

I need some new wheels soon. Going to get some hopes (I like the clicky noise + parts readily available). I also need new disc rotors at the same time. So question is, do I get:

1) Hope hoops on DT 4.2 (around £250 + £50 for rotors)
    2) Handbuilt pro2 on DT or mavic (a bit more than the above, but better?)
    3) Hope XC3 wheelset (around £340 with free rotors)

I dont want tubless etc. so not bothered about waiting for stans/hope wheelsets etc. I do normal xc riding and some marathon rides and am not particularly hard on wheels. I’m no racer either. I weigh around 11 stone.

What do we all think?

foxyrider
    Free Member

In order of my preference:

Hope XC3 wheelset (around £340 with free rotors)
    Hope hoops on DT 4.2 (around £250 + £50 for rotors)
    Handbuilt pro2 on DT or mavic (a bit more than the above, but better?)

Built my own wheel with ProII hubs with dtswiss rev spokes and dt 5.1D rims – are very very pleased with them – had Handbuilt pro2 on DT or mavic (a bit more than the above, but better?) before but rims bit flimsy for fast tech descending 😉

bomberman
    Free Member

wether or not handbuilt is better depends on the wheelbuilder. I’ve had some hope pro 2 on dt5.1 built by stif which are nice. likewise the guy down the road in bikology makes nice wheels too. If you’re going to get a handbuilt set make sure you go by reputation otherwise theres not much point.

z1ppy

Option 4) New Hope Hoops with Stan’s flow rims?

(out very soon apparently)
    Can’t see the point of option 2 unless you looking at tubeless rims (see option 4 for that though), as Hope hoop with 4.2’s & 5.1 are ace, no matter what the nay-says suggest.
    As for option 3, as much as I love Hopes, I’m sure you can get lighter wheelsets for less…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Afaik all the hope wheels are available now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which hope wheels?’ is closed to new replies.