Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which Hope caliper seal kit?
  • nickegg
    Free Member

[/url]

Got 2 2006 Mono Mini calipers (Black w/Gold bore caps) in need of some TLC.

Which seal kit do i need?

Thanks in advance,

Nick.

nickegg
    Free Member

[/url]

Doh!

nickegg
    Free Member

This one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!3rd time lucky!!!!!!!!!!

alanf
    Free Member

If they're like my E4's I would say strip them and give them a good clean, the seals will more than likely be fine.
    I bought new seals the first time I stripped mine but the old ones seemed fine and everytime I've had them apart a good clean and they're like new.
    The master cylinders are a bit different, but I would check the condition of your current ones before purchasing

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I wouldn't strip a caliper without new seals to hand unless I could afford to wait if the seals did need replaced – even seals in OK condition if you remiove the pistons the seals might well leak on reassembly.

However just cleaning and lubing the pistons without fully stripping them might do the job.

nickegg
    Free Member

They started playing up whilst in the Alps in early September…i whipped the pads out and cleaned/luped the pistons with clean brake fluid.

But the problems returned so i suspect a strip down is required.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whats the issue?

nickegg
    Free Member

The rear brake lever doesn't return from being fully depressed, if that makes sense?

Front brake has one piston stuck? That might be solved with another clean and lube though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lever might be the pivot bolt binding or the brass barrel rather than anything else

nickegg
    Free Member

hmmm could be…i'll check that out tomorrow night.

alanf
    Free Member

Sounds like crud under the seals to me.

I know what you mean about spare seals but I've never had a problem with old ones leaking once they've been re-fitted.
    You'll be suprised how much crud gets trapped in and around the seals and that always seems to be the problem when I experience the problems you're having.
    If you do order spare seals I would check the old ones against the new and see what difference there is.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which Hope caliper seal kit?’ is closed to new replies.