Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which headlock for Fox Van 36?
  • Filthy
    Free Member

I need a headlock thingy for my 36 vans. I’ve got a planet X one lying around but the bit that the bolt goes into doesn’t fit in the bottom of the steerer tube.

Dont want a star fangled nut as there’s a bit of damage on the steerer tube and its going on a downhill frame, needs a bit of security.

Does anyone use a headlock with 36’s and if so which one fits?

jam-bo

shouldn’t matter that its going on a DH frame. the SFN shouldn’t be under any serious tension.

guido

I dont know but the M part one dont fit due to the fat steerer tube. I think a mate of mine used a Raceface one with his fox 36’s. try and look for it. im not 100% BTW.

Filthy
    Free Member

Cant find any raceface ones.
    Gusset or manitou ones on CRC look like they might fit.

shouldn’t matter that its going on a DH frame. the SFN shouldn’t be under any serious tension

unless the steerer tube snaps, more of a saftey net issue rather than tension

jam-bo

if you’ve loaded it up enough for the steerer tube to snap then a headlock aint gonna save you…

been running totems with a SFN for nearly two years now.

Filthy
    Free Member

The top of the steerer tube looks like this…

I was a bit worried about it cracking further but saying that it has been on the bike for a while without me noticing. The steerer might be a touch short for the new frame anyway so I still might end up sending Mr Flooks £175

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which headlock for Fox Van 36?’ is closed to new replies.