• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ton.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • which gripshift works with shimano and sram x7 and x9 rear machs?
  • ton

anyone know or have some for sale.

nick3216
    Free Member

X7 and x9 use a different cable ratio from Shimano there’s no one shifter that does what you want.

The Shimano compatible ones are coded SRT IIRC.

what deraileur do you need to work with and I can see what I’ve got.

ton

i have a deore and a x9 rear mech. i can swap and use either.

ton

the info off crc’s sales bumf says it will work with sram and shimano.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=78434

paulpalf
    Free Member

Can’t see how that Attack can work with both. I just bought some and it works with Shimano. You would have to change the cable pull to make it work with SRAM and I don’t know how you would do that.
    Other gripshifts (X9,X0) only with with SRAM mechs, but watch out the new 10 speed SRAM mechs (anything marked Exact Actuation) are slightly different and don’t work with 9 speed shifters (been there, done that).

unovolo
    Free Member

Sram X series gripshifters will only work with Sram rear mechs.

Sram Attack gripshifters will only work with Shimano rear mechs

Either type will work with Sram or Shimano front mechs(Im using XO gripshifters with a Shimano LX front mech and XO rear mech)

toppers3933
    Free Member

attack shifters have a 2:1 ratio. this is compatible with shimano and old as the hills sram rear mechs. it will not work with an x9 rear mech. for that you need an ‘x’ range shifter. this only applies to rear mechs. as stated above, front mech/lh shifters are interchangable.

ton

cheers guys

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘which gripshift works with shimano and sram x7 and x9 rear machs?’ is closed to new replies.