Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which GoPro and any deals?
  • andyl
    Free Member

Nephew wants a GoPro, he’s quite sensible and sets himself price limits and saves up himself so I don’t mind chucking in a bit extra if it gets something much better.

I am made up he’s made the decision to move down to live with my partner and I next year to study for his a-levels at a good school and get out of a crappy home situation.

He likes climbing and when he’s down we go kayaking, cycling and surfing. Going to get him into a local climbing club as I am rubbish at it!

He was looking at the £189 Hero + LCD

rp16v
    Free Member

i have a brand new session 4 still in box i can let go for 150 posted if any good.

joebristol

It depends what he’s after / perhaps whether he has a mobile phone or not. I’ve just got a GoPro hero session. It’s a great shape and nice and small. Picture and sound are good. No screen though – you link it via wifi to a phone to check what you are looking at. For me that’s fine – I set it up before biking. If you don’t have a decent mobile then perhaps not so good.

Also with the session it isn’t in a full case – it just has a skeleton protecting the corners. Perhaps if he’s using it whilst climbing there’s a chance he could hit it against rocks which may miss the skeleton and hit the actual camera. In which case he might be best avoiding the session and going for a model that’s in a full case.

prawny

Session 5 would be my pick if you can stretch to £249. No deals though, they’re like apple

andyl
    Free Member

I need to ask him about the LCD.

Options seemed to be the cheaper session for £150, older LCD model for £190 and session 5 for £250 which I can probably get a little cheaper.

@rp16v: that see.s to be the price in Argos.

He has an iPhone 5c at the moment but will probably switch to android when the next range of flagships come out so the older models are a bit cheaper.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Does it have to be GoPro? I just took delivery of a DB Power EX5000 from Amazon. Cost was about £28. HD, WiFi link to phone so you can see what the shot looks like, spare battery, waterproof case and mounts etc. I am blown away for £28. Splash the extra £100 on some kit that will last him for years….

geoffj

rp16v – Member
    i have a brand new session 4 still in box i can let go for 150 posted if any good.

Or £149 new on Amazon

andyl
    Free Member

TW- that was my thoughts. He normally does watch all the YouTube reviews. I would but I am just lost when it comes to cameras these days and seems a lot of risk of buying something thats a fake of the fakes if you know what I mean.

rp16v
    Free Member

ok sorry dident realise they had dropped that much call it 130 posted then 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DfYa8dMINo[/video]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which GoPro and any deals?’ is closed to new replies.