Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which gloves/socks for warm and toasty commuting?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It’s getting really cold out there. Any recommendations for gloves and socks that actually work?

cyclistm
    Free Member

I found the Prendas Winter Thermolite Socks to be very good:

socks

Still struggling to keep my hands warm though

aP
    Free Member

Lobster gloves – when it’s really cold I use some 15 year old Cannondale outer/liner lobsters.
    For less grim the 3 layer assos glove system works pretty well but is less easy to put on and take off.
    Less grim than that then porelle winter mtb gloves are pretty good.
    Woolie boolies + Northwave GTX winter boots (Celsius?) for the feet with overtrousers for very cold.
    Don’t forget windstopper hat, a buff and a good windproof insulating jacket.

aboutbikes
    Free Member

We had the Sealskinz rep in last week. I have to say their Winter Cycle Gloves..with gel are the dogs doodles.

Nice fit and not too bulky….and …mmm toasty

ton

i am now using dachstein wool gloves and smartwool 100% wool socks, with long sealskins.

i am a big old toasty ton now……….. 8)

aP
    Free Member

Dachstein mitts! I used to use those in the 80s – didn’t know they were still available…..

ton

aP…..they are, and are far warmer than any mtb winter gloves i have found.

cynic-al
    Free Member

To be fair ton I have heard that you sweat quite a lot.

ton

al, cold sweats only now.

jamesb
    Free Member

Just out for an hour or so, -3 to -5 wore Lowe Alpine Ice gloves (winter mountaineering), hands kept very warm albeit a bit sweaty 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which gloves/socks for warm and toasty commuting?’ is closed to new replies.