Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Which Full sus 650b/27.5 mtb around £2000-£2500
  • japon
    Free Member

Hi
    Anyone have any suggestions for a full sus 650b/27.5 mountain bike around £2000-£2500.
    I ride my local trail centre swinley forest.
    Many thanks jason.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

650b hard tail.

paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

Hi there, I have an anthem advanced 27.5 and it is fantastic!!
    think the advanced 2 or 3 is within your budget, very fast and comfy!

banks
    Free Member

Anything by cube.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Choose the bike that is right, no the wheels.

forge197
    Free Member

Trek Remedy ?

chestrockwell

650b hard tail.

Choose the bike that is right, no the wheels.

You lot must have plenty of time on your hands to feel the need to trawl the site looking to answer questions no one has asked.

To the OP. I’ve heard good things about the Orange 5 650b. Worth having a demo on one.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

I’m looking at the Canyon Spectral AL and the YT Capra. The Capra is slightly over your budget on current exchange rate at 3300€, works out about £2700. There’s a well-specced 2700€ Spectral, but both bikes are hard to get a test on without going to Germany or a bike show.

kimbers

processs 134dl

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You lot must have plenty of time on your hands to feel the need to trawl the site looking to answer questions no one has asked.

I thought it was normal here…
    merely answering the real question of what bike, if you pick the wheels first then you miss 2/3 of the market. In reality the only real way to tell if it’s worth spending your money on is to try it.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I ride my local trail centre swinley forest.

29er hardtail / short travel susser.

Seriously.

doug_basqueMTB.com

There is a big range out there! Fwiw I rode this at the weekend Orbea Rallon. Like the best things in life it’s Basque 😉 I loved it a lot. I’m now trying to buy one in fact!

chestrockwell

if you pick the wheels first then you miss 2/3 of the market.

Not if you’re buying new at that price, most are 650b. Rightly or wrongly it’s the ‘standard’ now, just as 26″ was in the past.

In reality the only real way to tell if it’s worth spending your money on is to try it.

Agree 100%.

brassneck

That Canyon on the front page looked a bit tasty for the money.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I’d want to a demo a few before I made my mind. Buying un ridden may lead to tragic waste of money?

cb

Focus SAM 3.0 would be worth a look at that price range

taxi25
    Free Member

I’d want to a demo a few before I made my mind. Buying un ridden may lead to tragic waste of money?

Generally good advise, but I’ve never test ridden bikes. I tend to buy on spec, and the sort of bike for its intended use. Once I sort out contact points, then things like h/bar width stem reach ect I just get on with riding. Hard to see how a bike with a descent rep and good components in more or less the right size, designed for the type of riding you intend could end up being a “tragic waste of money”
    If you don’t mind a bit of a wait the Canyon Spectral looks great.

My mate has just picked up a 2013 Trek Remedy 9 from our LBS for £2100 (£3100 rrp) – he reckons it was fab on the Stanage loop last night

kelvin

It used to be…

“Which x travel Full sus mtb around £2000-£2500″

…where “x” was some majick measurement… say 5 inches

I wonder what’ll guide our purchases in 5 years time?

duffrider
    Free Member

I bought a Norco Sight Killer B last year and love it. The sight range generally get great reviews. There is a £2500 model this year too.

cheers
    Al

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Like the best things in life it’s Basque

Never thought I’d hear (or read) a Scot saying that. 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

PMJ, I have a Basque wife and daughter now… I have to be careful 🙂

l0key
    Free Member

with the smiles I am geting on the saracen ariel 152 at the moment, not sure if thats the weather adding a load to it, cant see how the 151 (in budget if you haggle with lbs) wouldn‘t do the same.

added benifit of being able to test ride/sit on one before you buy one if you find a decent lbs, shame you are not in south wales otherwise i‘d point you in the direction i got mine.

satchm00
    Free Member

One of MBRs long termer rides is a spesh fsr stumpjumper, available as 26″ or 29er worth a look judging by the reviews.

As with anything demo a bike first. You don’t buy a car without a test drive, same applies!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve got a Canyon Spectral AL8.0 One of these… on order.

But I’ve seen the Norco Sight 7.1 Carbon for £3k and Alu for £2.5k in Evans recently and it looks very nice – I think if I’d not got the Canyon on order I’d probably checked it out.

Although it does depend on what you want to ride – An anthem is a very different beast to a Capra.

hainman
    Free Member
    hardupdad
    Free Member

GT Sensor? Where are you? Get a demo on one!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Which Full sus 650b/27.5 mtb around £2000-£2500’ is closed to new replies.