Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which frame to take 100mm fork
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

looking for a frame to take a 100mm fork for xc duties. anything under £350 woth looking at?

khegs
    Free Member

I would have said an On-One Scandal, but I'm not too convinced by the new slidy dropout version with non-replacable hanger. I have one of the early ones. I think that the frame materials have changed as well, but I can't remember where I heard that, so take it with a pinch of salt (especially as I might have heard it on here).

The Kinesis Maxlight frames are supposed to be pretty good.

pinches
    Free Member

hardtail obviously, how about an On-one Scandal

EDIT, beaten to it

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Sanderson?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I'll third the Scandal. I've got one and it's great.

You could probably pick up a second hand one with the old style dropout for less than half your budget if you were that bothered.

Northwind

Yeah, find an old non-sliding scandal… Lovely at 100mm, handles well, weighs nothing, and comfy too. They did change the material for the current version- no scandium now, it's a regular alloy- but it doesn't seem to make that much difference.

slowuphill
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for the info. Where can I get a scandal from? on ones website does not seem to have them.

alpin
    Free Member

SANDERSON!

Northwind

Here you go…

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Slot_Dropout_Scandal_26er.html

But they only do the sliding one now, and really the vertical dropouts make more sense unless you think you might go singlespeed or rohloff or whatever. So that means buying used.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which frame to take 100mm fork’ is closed to new replies.