Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which forks…
  • fadda

For my new carbon 456 frame?

Tried some 3 stage TALAS’s on a Chameleon and liked them. Anything better out there?

jonk

Fox vanilla 32 or 36 Van R, best forks performance wise IMO

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted DT Swiss EXM130s to my Ti456. Great fork, really smooth, the carbon XMCs might be worth a look for a C456.

Kev

fadda

I’ve kinda stuck with Fox’s before – don’t really know why!

Any Rock Shox adjustables? Those DT Swiss look nice – are they as serviceable as Fox’s and RS’s?

Keva
    Free Member

mmm… 200hour service interval ? here’s a linky to a STW review of the XMC100s 2010.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/reviews/dt-swiss-xmc100/

Kev

fadda

Superstar – thanks for your help, Keva. Hadn’t really considered DT’s, but i’m fairly convinced now…

MrGreedy

Revelations are definitely worth considering, depending on your riding. I have 110-140 U-turns on my Soul and they’re great – run short for local riding, then out to 140 to soak it up for trips to more challenging terrain.

djflexure

Just put some lyrik solo air on with the DH damping system on a sovereign. They do the u-turn if you want to adjust. Bet they would be nice with your frame.
    First impressions: quite light. Easy to take apart and adjust. Reduced travel from 170 to 150 in an hour. Should be easy to service at home. They seem very plush through the midstroke, which is what I wanted. More burly than 140 floats they replaced, not surprising. Obviously need to put some miles in. Many good write ups attracted me.
    If you want something lighter I have a lovely pair of 2010 Fox float 140 rlc fit qr15.

fadda

Djf – do you have any pics of those fox’s…? (e mail in profile)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which forks…’ is closed to new replies.