Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which fitness type watch?
  • wwaswas

My wife has an older Garmin GPS watch but wants to get something a bit more up to date.

Main criteria are she can use it for running and that it is illuminated and shows pace, allows intervals (with a decent warning when to change place – ideally through her headphones), does gps tracking and allows uploads to a training site.

She always runs with her iPhone so something that links with that would be best.

What’s about and what’s best?

TimP
    Free Member

Quite impressed with my tomtom multi sports

Has a decent vibrate for pacing etc. There is a running version that is a bit cheaper too. Tomtom app is limited but it links direct to Strava/mapmyfitness etc and it does it via usb or slowly via blutooth

Also looks less like a GPS watch than some others, I now wear it as my standard watch

nickc

Have a look at the newer ranges of Garmin; the Forerunner 220 and 620 do pretty much all of that sort of thing.

isitafox
    Free Member

Would the Fitbit Surge do the job as that now has GPS tracking

mogrim

Does the 220 allow you to upload workouts? The older 210 didn’t, so if you wanted to do anything more complex than a very basic interval workout you were stuffed. (This might be enough for mrs. WWW’s needs, of course).

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Does the 220 allow you to upload workouts?

It does – I upload intervals and tempo runs onto mine. I really like it, but am tempted by the new 225 with integrated optical heart rate monitoring.

TimP
    Free Member

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-28-june/product-detail/ps/p/unisex-gps-watch/

Looks like this fits the bill. Annoyed I bought mine now as I still need a Bluetooth HRM monitor!!

wwaswas

Cheers Tim. That Aldi one looks much the same as her current Garmin.

I think the Tom-Tom might be a goer, though. Looking for something simple to use – Rachel’s owned the Garmin for 4 years and still can’t remember in which order to press the three buttons needed to get it started…

TimP
    Free Member

The running shop on Queens Road in Brighton sells them or I can drop mine round for you to have a play with?

wwaswas

I’ll have a chat with her and see what she says, thanks 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which fitness type watch?’ is closed to new replies.