Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which Fenix lights are you using?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Quick poll just to see what everyone else uses. there's a lot of choice on their site and im a bit lost to be honest!

ta

Ben

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

HP10

ahwiles
    Free Member

the L2D – it runs on 2 x AA batteries, and makes an excellent helmet mounted spot-light, lasts way more than 4 hours on the 110 lumen setting, and more than 2 on the 180 'turbo' mode.

you've got to get good Nimh batteries -> 2700 mAh

jfeb
    Free Member

FENIX TK11 (which takes an 18650 battery). Great as a helmet light (in conjunction with a P7 on the bars)

Vortexracing

L2D here as well

Felofagen
    Free Member

+ L2D

greasystain
    Free Member

2 x L2D

robgarrioch

Just got a TA21 + 18650 battery – large one! Mainly for the variable settings (12 selections!), & using in other 'night-time activities…'. A bit hefty, but the 2-fish holder seems good. Yet to get it out on a night ride though 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

L2D as a helmet light here – it's good.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

L2D here too, though I get not much more than 75 mins on the turbo setting with 2500mAh eneloops. The eneloop non self discharge chemistry is more impotant to me than an extra 200mAh that isn't there if they're not fresh out of the charger.

Great as a road commute headlight, much too narrow a beam for serious offroad. Way out blown by more recent LED tech from DX in the sheer lumen stakes.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

L2D for me as well

makes a great light for commuting,

kevonakona
    Free Member

P3D (x2) Much cheaper than a joystick and nicely cable-tied to my helmet (snigger)

grumm
    Free Member

much too narrow a beam for serious offroad.

I dunno – it's not ideal certainly but I have ridden a DH track with 2 of them on turbo and it was only a bit sketchy 🙂

mtb_matt
    Free Member

I agree with grumm. I managed reasonably well with 2 L2D's. One on the helmet and one on the bars.

I've just realised that they're 2 years old now. Its amazing how much LED technology has progressed in that period.

Matt

GlenMore
    Free Member

L2D. As a helmet light for both commuting and for off-road matched up with a SL1 on the bars.

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

I've got an L2D, and an LD20. I'd treat with suspeicion any claims that a L2D runs for over 2 hours on turbo. The best I managed with GP 2700 batteries was arond 1 hr 45, and that was after charging/discharging the batteries a couple of times.

The LD20 seems to run for longer, not sure by how much though.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

P3D for the helmet and TK11Q5 for the bars.

Done the whole of last years winter including the Puffer with no problems and lots of smiles 😀

Using rechargables too.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Fenix L2T V2.0 CREE Q2.(with the textured reflector) 2.5 hrs at 150 lumens. Went with the lower power of the L2T for a slightly longer runtime. Works well with the twofish lock block. 40 quid all in. Some people say that if they run on full power all the time it dulls the emitter. Can't say I've noticed any change. Must use good quality AA's 2850's if poss.

mudpup
    Free Member

PD30 – 220 lumens on cr123 batteries

Milt
    Free Member

L2D helmet mounted with Vapextech 2900MaH batteries. do get 2hrs plus on turbo.
    is ok for most of my night rides, but do struggle a little on some faster bits.

munkster
    Free Member

Decent AA/AAA charger for L2D purposes…

[edit]Got two Fenix handlebar mounts going spare if you're interested[/edit]

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which Fenix lights are you using?’ is closed to new replies.