Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which fenix light ?
  • tobyho
    Free Member

I think I want another light. I currently have a Hope Vision 2 and and thinking some extra lightage would be nice.

What is the Fenix model would you recommend ? And / or are there any other cheap and good torch type light (I’d like a light I can use as torch too).

please advise

Kryton57

I have the older equivelent of the PD 30 mounted as a helmet light. Absolutely superb for £55 IMO, and as you say can be also used as a torch for camping. Run times are fairly accurate IMO.

Have a look around and you can get batteries and a case to carry them in as a pack for your purchase – great for storing them in a camelback without worrying about short circuiting them.

ahwiles
    Free Member

L2D here.

(uses 2 AA batteries)

nearly as good as an Exposure joystick, but 1/3rd the price.

Kato

Hello mate, I’ve got a PD30 Q5 for sale in the classifieds if you’re interested. £30 posted

CHB

l2d is brilliant. The head torch (can’t remember model number, but its 4 AA cells and over 200 lumen) is very good.
    The Fenix beam pattern is great, a narrow spot with good throw, surrounded by a dimmer but much wider beam. It works how my eyes work (ie detail in the centre and periferal vision at the edges).

chiefgrooveguru

I have an LD20R5. Great helmet light for the twisty bits.

chiefgrooveguru

Actually it might be an R4. Anyway, it works.

OCB
    Free Member

I think the LD20R5 is a great light all ’round – I use it’s low-output mode loads outside, especially with the red filter fitted, so you don’t blow your night vision.

For riding, I often partner mine with an MC10 on my helmet (on strobe) and a L2D (which I’ve had for ages). I’m tempted by a second LD20 for the 2011/12 winter riding, (oh, and an LD10 for EDC).

😉

Feast
    Free Member

L2D here. Really like it as a helmet torch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which fenix light ?’ is closed to new replies.