Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which expander 42t Sram 10 spd
  • tweedviper
    Free Member

Anyone recommend an expander ring for a 10 speed Sram cassette, I have just replaced my chain and cassette (pg1050 11-36, pc1051) and thought I may get away without having to change the expander which is a Oneup 42t, turns out I was being far too optimistic as it skips under high load.

So my options are new expander or convert to 11 speed where the 11-42 cassette seems cheaper than an expander.

davros

Superstar have 20% off their UK made cogs. http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/xpr-expander-ring.htm

code FEB17UK

Edit – sorry, most are out of stock. I’ve got an uberbike one which has has proven more durable than the blackspire one it replaced. They’re on sale for £28.

Simon

When Sunrace 10spd 11-42 cassettes are only £40 why do people still bother with an XT cassette plus expander?

tweedviper
    Free Member

Simon – Member
    When Sunrace 10spd 11-42 cassettes are only £40 why do people still bother with an XT cassette plus expander?

Because all the reports I have had about them is that they are sub standard detritus

Simon

Interesting. What were the complaints?
    I’ve been using MS3 cassettes on both of my MTBs, one for 12 months, the other for 6 months with no issues.

tweedviper
    Free Member

The reports I have had are from friends who said that they never shifted right out of the box and were noisy and after a few rides replaced them, this is only second hand information but I do trust them

nre
    Free Member

Loads of good feedback on the sunrace cassettes on here. I’m running an 11spd 11-40 without issues. Cheaper and lighter than Shimano options…

kiwijohn

I went from the SRAM with a One Up 42 to Sunrace.
    The Sunrace shifts better than the cobbled together set ever did.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which expander 42t Sram 10 spd’ is closed to new replies.