Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which double chainguide that will not foul an SLX 36/22 dbl & bash?
  • MrFannay
    Free Member

Have issues with my SLX double & bash inner granny ring bolts rubbing against the outside of a stinger chainguide (ISCG05). I tried putting an extra spacer on the drive side BB shell but this means the width is too wide for the cranks to fit on fully. 73mm BB on a 2011 Yeti 575

I love the look of the Gamut P30 Dual ring or the E13 Heim x2 and wonder if these would give a better fit without fouling on the granny ring bolts.

Any pics of your set ups with a 9sp double ring set up would be welcome.

noidea
    Free Member

Have fitted an Iscg 05 stinger to both a Cotic Bfe and Nukeproof Mega and have had no problems with my slx double and bash chainset.

MrFannay
    Free Member

Cheers for that ‘noidea’

I’ve got a new Stanton Slackline frame to build up so I’ll give them both a try on that, hopefully they’ll fit.

zangolin
    Free Member

Had the same problem a while back with a BB mounted stinger just touching the top of the granny bolts on a Race Face atlas chainset. Fix was to carefully file 1/2mm of the top of the granny bolts – has worked fine for over 18 months.

Northwind

TBH it sounds like your frame rather than the combination of parts- I’ve used a Stinger on an SLX double and batch no bother, so I suspect your ISCG mounts are a bit far over. I don’t think you’ll easily find a chainguide that doesn’t do the same, I’d be looking for flatter chainring bolts or modifying some, myself.

oreetmon
    Free Member

ihad the same problem so bent/doglegged mine in a vice to fit 08 orange 5 with slx 36/22 DnB.
    wasnt a problem on my brothers bike with exactly same bits/frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which double chainguide that will not foul an SLX 36/22 dbl & bash?’ is closed to new replies.