Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which Dishwasher?
  • timbur
    Free Member

Ours is playing up and I’ve never been overly happy with it.
    It was bought for an extended guarantee which has been used too often and is soon to run out so a new one is required.
    Any real world experiences?
    Looks not important but full size and freestanding are erequirements.
    Energy efficient is also key.
    Cheers
    Tim

grantway
    Free Member

Bosh
    Don’t go near SMEG

nearly all kitchen appliances have only a 5 year life span

TheFopster
    Free Member

Lots seem to use the same internal components nowadays so not sure how different they really are. FWIW I had bad experience with LG white goods and since have always bought Siemens (on grounds I really want Miele but can’t afford them) and all have been bombproof for a few years now (both dishwasher and washing machine) and there’s usually a free 5 years warranty on offer online. Have been happy and will continue to use them in future…

timbur
    Free Member

LOL – it’s a SMEG!

Happy to pay Miele money as they are worth it in the long run

grantway
    Free Member

Don’t Bother save your money and buy a Bosh

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I asked the opinion of the local appliance supplier and repairer, a one-man-band and neighbour. Obviously he sells a range and sees them when they break. He said ‘Miele, and you’ll probably never need to call me out’.

It was good enough that we bought a Miele washing machine a few years later.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I got a Miele dishwasher off ebay for £70.
    Can’t fault it.

I would buy all Miele appliances if I could afford it.

I agree about Smeg, bought a range a few years ago and it was rubbish.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Bought a Bosch last year and frankly you can barely hear it, cleans stuff very well and has an express program that does everything in 1hr20mins……. Great piece of kit.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Miele obviously.

Generally they offer at least a 5 year warranty.

My washing machine has a 10 year one!

timbur
    Free Member

Miele do a 5 year warrenty at present so I’ll go shopping for one that ticks those boxes.

My Miele washing machine broke a few days out of warrenty albeit it was an easy fix replacing a water inlet valve. It was my fault as we had it connected to a hot water feed from our solar panel.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Bosch are great, but our local curry’s had a NEFF intergrated model reduced from £600 to £329 but had to wait a while from delivery from NEFF.

Whirlpool are also well rated in ‘which’ we found that IKEA dishwashers are made by whirlpool so instead of buying a £400 model it actually cost £249 from the same thing (integrated model).

My uncle works for a big electrical retailer and recommends Bosch first, then Whirlpool (much cheaper!) and Zanussi too.

If money is very tight the curry’s own brand is actually a Kenwood and costs £220 I think.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which Dishwasher?’ is closed to new replies.