Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which deal extreme torch fits the joystick helmet mount?
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure on here a while back someone had found a deal extreme torch that slotted nicely into an exposure helmet mount – anyone got an idea which one it is?

Cheers!

Jim

winterfold
    Free Member

Oi! Exposure provide proper jobs making stuff in a bit of Sussex where otherwise the choice is working in an antique shop or er well that’s it

I appreciate not everyone has the money to buy their lights at full retail or even seconds from them direct and if that’s the case then fine – but if you can afford them…

Northwind

winterfold – Member

Oi! Exposure provide proper jobs making stuff in a bit of Sussex where otherwise the choice is working in an antique shop or er well that’s it

Yep, and they do make excellent mounts, which our OP is planning to buy. But their lights are just torches, only less good. I’d still choose my torches over a standard Joystick even if they cost the same, because of the replacable battery and superior performance.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

well, a $30 light vs the joystick is a bit of a leap, especially when it’s seldom used and my bike budget is limited these days. (and the DX chucks out more light, though I’m sure it’s overall probably slightly inferior).

just asking the question, but if the DX light doesn’t fit the joystick mount I’ll get some zip ties for me lid..

Does anyone have the answer to the question?

Taff
    Free Member

Jimbo. Seeing my bro-in-law shortly so I will see if my ultrafire 502 fits in his mount

Fishbone
    Free Member

This one does, http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-p10-r5-cree-xr-g-r5-5-mode-350-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-18650-904442972

It’s pretty good, as I posted on another topic, a friend has a new Joystick which is brighter, but this is close. Don’t think they are in stock in the DX UK wharehouse? Can’t go wrong at the price.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

from what I’ve read the joystick mount will take 22-25mm diameter barrels, and fishbone’s P10 torch is 23mm, so fine. I’ve just ordered one from DX so they have stock, it seems.

As said, I’m sure we all prefer to support the British companies but the price gap between the DX torch and the Joystick is huge. They need to get it under £50 to be competitive really, IMO.

benz
    Free Member

I can confirm that this one fits nicely into the Exposure helmet mount and is bright…actually wonder if it has the wrong driver as it appears brighter than the supposedly brighter P7 torch I have….

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-wf504b-xm-lt6-5-mode-510-lumen-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-black-1-x-18650-57099

Brycey
    Free Member

Benz – sorry to be thick but this light malarky stuff is all new to me, what battery combo do you go for with that as I see it doesn’t come with one.

Cheers

Taff
    Free Member

I just came on to confirm but Benz go there before me

DrP

I got one of the bigger torches, the 1200 lumen jobbie, and turned it down on a lathe to fit…might get a smaller one for the helmet mount too !

DrP

stevemorg2

This one fits perfectly (I think they also do a XM-L 900 lumen in the same casing)

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1004

quick delivery – mine only took a week

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which deal extreme torch fits the joystick helmet mount?’ is closed to new replies.