Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which d-bin P7 torch from Dealextreme?
  • specializedneeds

OK, so I'm still happy with the MTE P7 torch I bought last winter from Dealextreme, but I want a second one. Do I get the same again (SKU 12325) or one of the later d-bin ones and if so, which one?

I've got the P7 bike light on it's way, which I will use as a head torch, so the second torch is only really to save swapping the battery mid-ride! I have the current one angled for close stuff, so the head torch will be for further away. Cheers.

z1ppy

I bought a number of them last year (for friends) and believe this to be the best all-rounder.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16092
    Unlike some I have no problem with the 5 modes, as the mid level mode is ace for road use or just travelling betweeen techy bits, but if you don't need that then it has no huge advantage over the 2 mode you originally bought.
    I do prefer these torches to the bastid as a helmet light though, as the torches have a tighter spot than the bastid IME.
    In all honesty unless you riding 'techy' stuff for hours, I beleieve you'd get away with just turning off your torch and running the bastid on it's own for the 'boring' fire-road/canal/road bits… no need for an extra torch.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I have 2 of those Zippy and love them!

z1ppy

t'is a good torch.

specializedneeds

Sorry to be pedantic, but you haven't understood my question:

The 16092 has the same P7 C bin emitter as the one I have already – I'm asking which of the D bins to get (if any).

For example:

Anyone?

Northwind

I'm no LED expert but from people who are, it seems like the D-bin isn't a massive step up from the C-bin, nobody got very excited about it, very few people have done it as an upgrade, and if mental torch modders aren't excited about it then neither am I 😉

excalibur

I've been using this one James 22567 http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22567.
    Bought it because it's the smallest/lightest D-bin & use it on the bars. It actually ships as a 5 mode. I alternate between high & medium during group rides as high is sometimes too much in the group. Used this way it's never dimmed on 2-3 hour rides.
    I personally like the colour of the light beam, more yellow less blue than most. I think this is a feature of D-bin. Overall very impressed. Hope this helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which d-bin P7 torch from Dealextreme?’ is closed to new replies.