Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Which 'cross bike up to £1000?
  • monksie
    Free Member

A retailer with Constantly Updated Stock showing In Stock haven’t actually got it In Stock after all so I’m back in the market for another ‘crosser.
    Any recommendations up to £1000? Must be disc, Rival, 105 or better, in stock to buy mail order or within reasonable distance of Manchester and not an Arkose. I know they’re great bikes and I’d have a Ramin 1 in a flash but the ‘cross bike isn’t for me (sorry James)
    Ps. If you have something to sell, feel free to drop me a line. 52 to 54cm

Kuco

Slightly over budget but I’ve been looking at one of these Cannondales. That or the CAADX 105 version for £999

Pics i’ve seen of damaged rear mechs on here and other forums from racing I wouldn’t personally want electronic shifting.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Not the OP, but focus is 99 quid over budget, no discs, horrendously expensive to repair/replace obsolete mechs?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Boardman

dirtyrider
    Free Member

no discs, horrendously expensive to repair/replace obsolete mechs?

OMG how did they cope for the last 30 years of cross?

expensive to repair/replace obsolete mechs?

just pick one up on eBay 😆

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Merida is excellent buy 2016 is blue think this years was great in black and green 105 of it.

NormalMan

I’ve been bouncing around with all sorts of n+1 options and saw this earlier:

http://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-x20-105-11-speed-alloy-cyclocross-bike-2015-75146.html

j40aja
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Merida 2016 500 Cyclocross as mentioned above.
    Saw it in the shop getting built up and it’s gorgeous.
    Pick it up on Tuesday. Bang on budget, TRP Spyres and 105 gears except Shimano RS500 chainset.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Merida-Cyclo-Cross-500-2016-Cyclocross-Bike_81910.htm

belugabob
    Free Member

Trek crossrip ltd please buy this, to remove the temptation that I’m facing

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

OMG how did they cope for the last 30 years of cross?

completely irrelevant; the OP clearly stated “discs” as one of the few criteria. The focus doesn’t have discs. You might as well recommend a Sora-equipped out-of-stock Arkose whilst you’re at it 🙂

cp

I saw a 2016 Cube Cross Race and Cross Race Pro, both with shimano hydraulic brakes and either side of a grand for each – 105 and ultegra.

nicely spec’d for the money.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Love my CAADX 105. Put’s a genuine smile on my face.

Mate really likes his Merida too. I tried to order one, but the company cycle to work scheme provider could not source one, so I chose the Cannondale instead.

Quite a racy geometry.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Merida looks good.

Mate just got a Vitus Energie from CRC which he’s very happy with.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

My wife has the 2015 Merida Cross 500. It’s a lovely bike for the money. I’m somewhat jealous.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Recently bought an outgoing 2015 model of the CAADX 105 for £840 from PedalOn.

It’s only been ridden once but I can heartily recommend one. Great fun, the 11sp 105 is excellent too.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you for the suggestions. I bought a Giant TCX SLR 2 for £800 from Pedal On. Top shop, super friendly and helpful. The bike is brilliant.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The Trek Crossrip LTD is great bike I have one handles well been down on the Purbecks last week on mind lovely.

neilpass
    Free Member

Planet X are bringing out a bike called the Bish-Bash-Bosh looked fantastic in the showroom, think it CF though so probably way out of budget, no prices as yet

paddy0091
    Free Member

ideal thread!

Saw a friend’s rather nice Giant CX bike the other day, unsure on model but was alloy on bang on £1000

piemonster

Planet X are bringing out a bike called the Bish-Bash-Bosh looked fantastic in the showroom, think it CF though so probably way out of budget, no prices as yet

PX on Facebook reckoned probs around £1500 for the rival equipped option.

badgerbater
    Free Member

I managed to hunt down a 2015 Giant TCX SLR1 for £999. Bang on the money for the CTW scheme and a cracking spec. Apart from the price, the bonus for me was that I much prefer the colour to the 2016 model. Didn’t realise but the frame is made in the Netherlands another plus point!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Which 'cross bike up to £1000?’ is closed to new replies.