Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which cheap frame for a hardtail build blue pig vs 456 vs ???
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

Thinking of (or looking for) a hardtail frame and not really sure what to go for.

Ive been looking at the on one 456 Summer and the Ragley blue pig and was wondering on peeps opinions (especially if they’ve had both) and whether there are any alternatives. I’m basically wanting something that’s good fun and can go down as well as up!

Also what’s the sizing like on the above two, I’m a bit of a short ass at 5’7″ and generally prefer a smaller frame so was thinking a 16″

Cheers

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You can get Cove Stiffees and Evil Sovereigns for sub £300 on CRC at the moment.

prezet
    Free Member

Small BFe – I’m 5’11” and love mine. It can go up, but it’s best when pointing down.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

How does the NS Surge fit into this puzzle?
    I’m planning on a new frame this summer and veer, almost daily, between the Surge and the BFe.

stevepitch
    Free Member

I shall have a look at both, saw the evil sovereigns on CRC and wasnt sure about them shall have a gander.

messiah
    Free Member

What fork?

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’ve owned a Bluepig and currently have a 456 summer season. Both great frames, for your height you’d definately need the 16″ frame.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@stevepitch – I was looking at hardtails and looked at both those bikes, I don’t care for the looks of the 456 so discounted it quickly. I looked at both Pig and Piglet and exchanged emails with a number of owners of both who all loved the bikes (my LBS stocks the frames). I have a 160m FS so decided I would mix in a slightly more XC hardtail and as such I’ve gone for a Cotic BFe which I will run with 140/120 forks. The Cotic brand and reputation is very strong with lots of customer loyalty and they’ve reduced the BFe to 300. I can still have a lot of fun on Surrey Hills singletrack but also have a bike which I can ride on longer trails/natural rides, I intend to take both bikes to Alps this summer.

FWIW I’ve also ordered a Prince Albert 853 frame which will arrive in late July.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

just got one of these:
    http://www.bikescene.co.uk/Orange-R8-Frame-3977-0-0.html

Very impressed! (by the frame and bike scene!)

Its got a trip to Afan on Monday 😆

los
    Free Member

How about a Chumba HX1? Around the 4lb mark, great handling, 4-6in fork options and EBB.
    May happen to have one your size for sale too…
    Los

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve got a 16″ Orange SubZero frame if you have any interest in used stuff. It’s built for a 150-160mm fork. I’ll do the frame with excellent condition HiLo dropper and seatpost clamp for £320 shipped. email in profile

ricardo666
    Free Member

I ride a handsome dog xc01 14″ from all-terrain cycles,

Been riding it 5 years now, 120mm reba and xt kit.

I’m 5’5″ fits nice good for canal and local stuff delamere forest etc

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The Chumba hx1’s are mint, I’ve had 2 so far.

trevh
    Free Member

pipedream scion cracking bike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which cheap frame for a hardtail build blue pig vs 456 vs ???’ is closed to new replies.