Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which cheap forks for a sloted inbred
  • codebauer
    Free Member

Just in case I manage to scrabble togather some money…Which forks for my SS inbred?
    Can I use wound down u-turns? Or does it have to be 100mm?

Oh, and can't spend more than 200 smackers

Start here…

Recon SL

–pauL

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Rs tora. Like the brand new ones I'm thinking of selling

khani
    Free Member

£200 will get a decent set on classifieds or ebay, i'd look for some rev's or vanillas or floats, my mate has one and older 125 talas work a treat and 140 vans were ok too

TheFopster
    Free Member

Suntour Epicon. Decentish air fork at very decent price.

epicsteve
    Free Member

£200 would buy something very nice 2nd hand.

I had a set of Fox F100RLC's on my slot dropout Inbred, and they cost me £150 or so and were excellent on it.

catfood
    Free Member

Something with a lockout if you can, got revs on mine, the poplock makes a huge difference on the ups. Should be able to get a second hand set within your budget.

Northwind

You can wind down a u-turn but it makes more sense to get one the length you want. Inbreds don't work very well with a longer fork despite being warrantied for it (IMO of course) so go 100mm or 110mm. Tora 318s can be had for under your budget, they're heavy but they're good. Bang on £200 new. Or used of course, there's generally a lot of inexpensive lightly used 100mm forks out there as people upgrade.

codebauer
    Free Member

Thanks

ahwiles
    Free Member

i just bought a set of Recon 351 solo-airs for £190 from Jejames.

they're ace.

basically the same as revelations when they were released; 130mm travel, 32mm ally stanchions, motion control damping, 1900g.

they're not fox floats, they're not a set of black-box XX sids, but they're still very good, and they cost £190.

we should be more excited about good stuff that doesn't cost a fortune.

i bought them for my inbred, but i'm so impressed by them that i'm very tempted to get another pair to replace the tired pikes on my hemlock.

Kuco

On-One carbon £40 posted.

ahwiles
    Free Member

hang on, those epicon forks look very good…

Fopster, have you ridden some? – any good? any problems?

the-muffin-man

Kuco – can you mail me some pics of those On-One forks!?

themuffins29 [at] googlemail.com

monkeychild
    Free Member

I like the Recon SLs I have them on my hookooekoo and they work ace proper fit and forget. I want some for my Genesis io when funds allow.

Northwind

ahwiles, that was good for Recons… I've tried the Epicons on a test ride, they worked very well, the question's got to be over longevity- not that there's definately any problem there, but y'know, Suntour in partnership with Marzocchi, what could possibly go wrong? I'd sooner not be the person to test them 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which cheap forks for a sloted inbred’ is closed to new replies.