• This topic has 29 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Which carbon seatpost?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

For my nice road bike?

Looking for something sub 200g ideally, 31.6mm with a bit of layback.

Comfort a consideration, but mainly in that I don’t want anything super-harsh.

Would prefer to pay less than £100.

What should I be looking at?

everyone
    Free Member

The same brand as your stem 😉

I’m a big fan of ritchey and deda stuff. Sub £100 might be a bit of a stretch for decent carbon post though.

Edit: 31.6mm post is never going to be the greatest for comfort.

stayhigh

I’m quite pleased with my Easton EC90 post, nicely made and seems reasonably comfortable. Mine was second hand which made the price more agreeable so maybe worth having a hunt around.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s a bit moon on a stick I know.

I’m surprised CRC or someone haven’t done a value-premium item like their carbon wheels. Are there any reputable Chinese direct-to-consumer companies doing carbon posts?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 for Deda, but then I also have their bar and stem. A quick Google shop suggests the Superzero is available for between 70 and 90 quid depending on graphics, model year and store.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good shout thanks, I think I could live with 216g for that kind of price.

mccraque

I managed to pick up a nearly new Syntace P6 Highflex for £70. That’s a very good seatpost.

Additionally, Rose do some with similar flex characteristics for about £80 new.

Rose Post

plus-one

I have a an s-works carbon 400mm 27.2 20mm layback(run it shimmed) for max comfort 😀

It’s surplus if your interested ? I’ll do it £45 posted as it has few insertion marks and a score(not my doing) may all be hidden if your short in the leg

lunge

I’ve got a Deda SuperZero on my best bike, it works and doesn’t creek, not much more to say about it really.

paton
    Free Member

Comfort a consideration, but mainly in that I don’t want anything super-harsh.
    Would prefer to pay less than £100.
    What should I be looking at?

A saddle?

teethgrinder

Someone on Hamsterley riders in Facebook selling some Pro Atherton carbon posts for £14

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had a 27.2 Deda Superzero which I cut to 300mm long and I’m sure I weighed it at 180g.

If you want more setback then 3T Dorico or BMC TCC are both light (under 200g) and good; I use both of these ATM. Not sure whether they’re “comfortable” (although the BMC post is supposed to be) but I imagine they provide a bit more give than a Thomson. 31.6mm is probably neither here nor there

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Can probably do you a good deal on a Deda post if you haven’t found anything.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Seen quite a few good deals Ultimate use (exposure lights co) carbon seatposts this week

chakaping
    Free Member

Should be a Deda Superzero post arriving today from Wiggle, ta.

🙂

curto80
    Free Member

Been looking for the same thing and think I’ve come out at the same conclusion as you

Now, do I need Enve carbon bars?

chakaping
    Free Member

On my desk now, weighs in at 194g.

#winning

lunge

Been looking for the same thing and think I’ve come out at the same conclusion as you

Now, do I need Enve carbon bars?
    Not if you’re looking at Deda seatposts you don’t. You might need some nice Deda carbon bars though I guess.

aP
    Free Member

I like the fizik Cyrano R1 seatpost – I have it on a couple of bikes. Light enough, adjustable enough, so far robust enough. I have wrapped it in helicopter tape as I use it with a revelate Designs seat bag.

rmgvtec
    Free Member

I have a nice deda one that fits your criteria in 31.6 ive just had to take off my bike as I needed an inline. Send me a message if interested.

jonnyboi

USE is cracking value

£34.99

I have one in 27.2

curto80
    Free Member

i refuse to conform to such rules

Not if you’re looking at Deda seatposts you don’t. You might need some nice Deda carbon bars though I guess.

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks pretty sweet, eh?

Stem deliberately left out of shot, though the eagle-eyed might spot the clashing brand of handlebar.

everyone
    Free Member

I’m more disturbed by the off-centre placement of your Garmin mount! What’s wrong with putting it centrally on your stem?

chakaping
    Free Member

Fits better there. Not enough stretch in the bands to get round the stem IIRC.

TiRed

Collar and cuffs need to match. Most of my bikes are 27.2 or fully integrated SP. I think you can tell the difference in diameter. But that Deda does look nice. Could have gone with Fizik to match the saddle though, so is disappointed 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Four different brands for bar, stem, seatpost & saddle.

I’m gonna burn in hell.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Could have gone with Fizik to match the saddle though, so is disappointed

Yeh, but they’re not as good!

everyone
    Free Member

And it’s not even in the big ring. Have some self respect man!

TiRed

Yeh, but they’re not as good!

Depends on your measure of good though, If it’s good at matching a saddle with an obvious logo, then respectfully I will have to disagree. To be honest they are all much of a muchness, especially with a larger diameter and increased rigidity.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Which carbon seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.