Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which 'Camelbak'? – to replace a HAWG
  • james
    Free Member

The zip on my 2 year old HAWG has given up staying together, so I want something to replace it

On looking through the camelbak range to start off, it seems they've ditched the HAWG and anything else of the same volume, which is a bit odd. The next biggest are 4.5L bigger at 18L, and the next smallest (which may just be big enough) is 2L smaller at 11.5L (The Mayhem)

I know someone who has a (11.5L) Mayhem I can see if its big enough, but what would people recomend? I 'need' a 3L bladder and want about 13.5L volume (like a HAWG) and ideally some beefy zips (the HAWGs aren't great and it looks like the new 18L HAWG NV are just as flimsy)

robarnold
    Free Member

They haven't ditched the HAWG, i've just bought one. They do two versions: the regular and the non-sweaty-back 'NVIS' version. Both are excellent.

Great capacity, excellent stowage, integrated rain cover…what else do you want?

Buy one here:

HAWG CLICK HERE

johnners
    Free Member

Mayhem. You can get a lot in the outside bit (waterproofs, pump, tubes etc) without touching your 11.5l. There's loads of room.

johnners
    Free Member

…that new HAWG looks good though, if a bit pricey.

james
    Free Member

I've seen the HAMWG NV (as linked), but at 18L is a tad big for when I'm not riding all day. The price is a little high too, though £75 from merlin is bearable

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which 'Camelbak'? – to replace a HAWG’ is closed to new replies.