Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which camelback? Mule or Octane 8+
  • Dan67
    Free Member

Right wanting a new camelbak which one the mule or Octane 8?

forge197
    Free Member

Not tried an Octane but do have a Mule NV been very pleased with it, holds plenty of gear and water.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Dakine or Leyzine are far better packs than camelbak

forge197
    Free Member

why so?

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

I've got a Octane 14, on the whole it is a very good pack fits loads in and is comfortable to wear. My only complaint is the waist band pockets the zips are difficult to open and close on the fly and even stood still whilst wearing the pack. If you like to have your gear in seperate pockets, eg pump tube levers patches in 1 compartment, tools in another etc then in may not be the pack for you.

The main reason why I love this pack is when it is full to busting the thick straps are comfy round your hips which will take most of the weight when worn low down and the pack is very solid and doesn't move around even on the roughest of terrain

trailmonkey

For the money, Mayhem is a much beteer pack than a Mule. Way more storage space, far comfier and only £50 at Merlin/Evans.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just got the Octane 8 to fit in my camera gear only 2 weeks ago and I really like it, it's got great compression straps as well. It holds more than my mule as well.

I got it from Merlin in store but also on line http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/camelbak-hydration-systems-camelbak-packs/camelbak-summer-range-2009/camelbak-octane-8.html

Want to buy a 2nd hand mule?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which camelback? Mule or Octane 8+’ is closed to new replies.