• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ps44.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which browser?
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Currently dodging between Google Chrome – which I quite like and Firefox. I find that hotmail has issues with chrome and I find firefox seems to be getting a tad slow. Do I have to go back to IE7 or whatever or are there sane alternatives out there?

Cheers

cp

are you on the most recent firefox? Mine went slow a few updates back, but is back to it's speedy self!

Dobbo

I use Firefox coz I like all the add on's and I have a theme I like. Tried Chrome when it first came out and it was really buggy so I binned it. Only use IE for updates now. At the end of the day I suppose they all do the same thing of displaying webpages but it's the twiddly bit that win you over.

clubber
    Free Member

I'm using IE8, Chrome and Maxthon. Never got on with Firefox. With the latest updates, I think IE8 is my preference now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I believe there's a "Sash" theme for Firefox ts. Stick with it but turn flash off.

avdave2

I'm using Chrome for most things now but I can't use it for my webmail. only real problem I've had is that I can be typing something in this box and it suddenly shuts down. Perhaps it's a STW your talking b*ll*ck5 again filter as it doesn't happen on any other sites.

Dobbo

but I can't use it for my webmail. only real problem I've had is that I can be typing something in this box and it suddenly shuts down.

Talking to a friend last night she said she had typed out a long email was just about to send then Chrome shut it down and said it need a security update. So she decided to phone instead! I'd stuck Firefox on her laptop so I don't why she was faffing with Chrome 🙄

tankslapper
    Free Member

Cheers all – I'll check out IE8 and maxthon

ebygomm
    Free Member

Try something new

Opera

eistrar
    Free Member

FireFox IMO. So much more customisable than every other browser, and thats why I never use anything else.

If you like to look of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8 or whatever, you can get themes to make Firefox look like these…

nuke

Another vote for Firefox

ps44
    Free Member

Given up on Firefox as it kept hanging my PC – mostly when on STW 😆
    Now gone via Chrome, which seemed a bit slow, back to IE, and IE8 seems to be ok.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which browser?’ is closed to new replies.