Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which broadband provider for streaming?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Ditching sky and going to just stream stuff. Which broadband providers are best to look at? Currently with sky who don’t throttle which is good, but will they block sites where I am able to stream content?

Apparently virgin media off good speeds but throttle at peak times. Had a bad experience with EE in the past who throttle at peak times, every bloody evening, which meant that we often barely got 3gb in the evening!

I’m especially concerned about being able to stream stuff from wherever online as dont want to enter into a contract to find loads of content blocked.

Drac

BT don’t choke but like all the major ISPs will block certain streaming sites, they struggling to keep up though. So I’ve heard.

Cougar

Sky don’t block any streaming sites that I’m aware of, they do however block piratebay-esque torrent seeding sites.

loddrik
    Free Member

Is there any broadband provider that doesn’t block these type of sites?

Drac

Not sure as they are all supposed to cutting down on such things.

Kuco

I’ve got BT infinity 2 and for the blocked sites just use a proxy server.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Plusnet

jimjam
    Free Member

Is there anywhere/any way that it actually works out meaningfully cheaper? Currently paying £30ppm for Virgin tv, broadband and line rental. Any broadband only packages I’ve looked at come very close once you factor in line rental.

StirlingCrispin

I ditched Sky TV but kept their broadband.

Get a new-customer quote from BT (yearly upfront payments etc to drive the cost down) and get Sky to match it – which they will.
    Repeat every 12 months.

I got fiber for the coast of standard broadband doing this – Sky is unlimited and my download speed is equivalent to my BT-supplied neighbour.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which broadband provider for streaming?’ is closed to new replies.