Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which BMX ?
  • lister-hooded
    Free Member

OK, Work is doing cycle to work again soon and as i don't really have a gap in my stable just now a mate came up with the idea of getting a BMX on the scheme as there is a new Skate / BMX park opening later this year in our town so we could buy these and use them for a play on the way home … ( honest guv … I'd ride it to work )

Knowing **** all about BMX what would the collective advice be on suitability for a skate park bike

Cycle scheme will be through Evans so try to stick to their machines if you can ….

to be honest I'm way too old ( 50 + ) for a BMX but it could be a bit of good cheap fun …

jedi

wethepeople fit make great completes or custom build one 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can you get a 24" or 26£ bmx-ish thing? Might be more all round fun and games! I don't know what Evans do, as I will not give them the pleasure of another hit on their site as they are utter shite. ( 😉 )

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

What Jedi said. Have fun.

ziggy
    Free Member

I'd recommend WeThePeople, bikes are kiler this year, although out of stock in most places, Sabrosa would be my choice as they are a bit more niche.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

wtp are great bikes although we have had the odd one with the removable break boss snapping under very light loads. spoke to wtp and they sent new ones but still a bugger to get out of the old frame. some of the higher end mongoose ones are pretty good too. i think we have a few wtp left if your stuck and we do cyclescheme?

norcbot
    Free Member

+1 for wtp i haven't had any of the warranty issues like joemetcalfm yet. Another one worth a look is the new Sunday complete bikes they come with loads of odyssey kit. Plus they now do a decent 24" bike too, if thats your thing

jedi

for skatepark get a bmx

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

+1 for sunday. great bikes

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Spend about £3-400 to get something reasonable. There are some good bikes out there.

Where's this new skatepark?

ahwiles
    Free Member

i can whole heartedly recommend a 24" 'cruiser' bmx.

mine's not quite as mental/twitchy as a full on 20" clown-bike.

jedi

i can feel a sesh forming 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

yeah… sesh on!!!

I've heard its not going to rain for the rest of this year 🙂

kimbers

yep 24 inch cruiser is mucho fun here

i have a felt brink 24", only main triangle is cromo though which may put some off, but its a sweet bike got mine for 250 quid 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

my redline mx24 was £220, best money i ever spent. it is/was the closest thing to buying a skills upgrade.

an afternoon dicking about on this thing taught me more about manuals and jumps than 20+ years of riding mountain bikes.

Seggons
    Free Member

i have a fit which i love
    it looks more like a bmx than some, which have no seat tube at all really. Sundays are pretty, and I can't emphasise enough to get tall bars and a longish frame if you're tall ..
    the united's are nice too

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which BMX ?’ is closed to new replies.