OK. So it's five years after my first kid was born and I've finally managed to get back evening and weekend time :D.
My 2003 Stumpy FSR is in great condition but it's time to put it out to pasture. I'm not an XC purist and up hill is to get me to the top, that said I'm not looking for a heavy bike. I'm looking for big grin single track fun with great climbing skills, fairly sure All Mountain is the way for me but open to persuasion.
Very excited and utterly baffled by options so I'm looking for advise from more experienced heads. I will of course be testing so I'm after a shortlist of three. Please no slagging off of brands due to past history, we've all been hit with bad experience or service from time to time but that doesn't write off an option. Constructive input and positive experience please.
- No fixed budget but £3k is comfortable.
- Happy with last years deals. Would have to be perfect SH. No time to self build.
- Must be pretty. I make no appologies, if I'm spending a bucket load I want a beauty. That pretty much rules out Whyte. Sorry but just not my cup of tea.
- I'm 6'1" and 16st.
Bike and bits;
- I am drawn to the Specialized Stumpy EVO, Yeti (575), Orange (5), Lapierre (Spicy) and Santa Cruz (?) all look awesome and seem to inspire great reviews / user feedback. I welcome other ideas.
- 140 / 150 / 160 ? For Surrey hills riding?
- Slacker geometry and more aggressive setup. Will climbing suffer that much or are the current crop of AM that good?
- Remote seat post. Worth it or expensive gadget?
Thanks all. I look forward to your personal input and experience.