Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Which bike tool for the trail???
  • dangriff
    Free Member

Must include a useable chain tool.

I’ve been considering a Topeak Mini 18+ or a Crank Brothers Multi Mini 17 or 19.

jam-bo

I got a free crank brother one with a bikechain order about two years ago. Best bike tool I’ve ever had.

its blue, with chainsplitter. Not sure of the model.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I have a brand new Park Tools IB-3, if you’re interested. Here in the classifieds.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the Topeak Hexus – small, light, well made and does everything I’ve wanted it to do.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus is my pick.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve got a Topeka Mini 20 pro and it’s a top tool. The chain splitter is great and I’ve used it quite a few times out on the trail and also in the workshop. I’d buy another one.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Flashheart – you can’t agree with me – I’m a tofu knitter! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nobody’s perfect! 🙂

peachos
    Free Member

Hexus II here, although i did want the ratchet rocket.

wouldn’t buy ashfanman’s as its cheaper at merlin: http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Workshop++Tools/Tools/Tools+-+Multi/Park+IB3C+Multi+Tool+With+Chain+Tool_PARK-IB3C.htm

dangriff
    Free Member

Park Tool I-Beam 3 is now only £21.99 on CRC.

stevehine

I’ve got a park IB-2 and the remains of an ancient cool-tool for chain splitting and spannering purposes

zilog6128

I have the Topeak Mini 18+. All the tools seem good quality & hard wearing. Very compact & the chain tool works great!

z1ppy

Crank Bro 17 here, had it years never let me down.
    Chain tool is brilliant, only ‘slight’ down side is the short allen keys but that fault can be leveled at most multi-tools.

cplater1
    Free Member

I have the Topeak Alien II and it does all I need it to. It’s a great little tool!

neninja
    Free Member

Another CB 17 user here.

It’s performed faultlessly and as above the chain tool works extremely well (unlike some).

kimbers

i bought one of thee scott trail too sets when i left my multitool at home, was about 12 quid and its very good indeed, including the chain tool
    http://www.drakescycles.co.uk/m2b66s71p1394/SCOTT_Trail_CT_pocket_tool_set/RS_GB

dangriff
    Free Member

I’ve gone for the Hexus II. Bargain at £13.95.

simon1975

Isn’t this what you need “for the trail”?

I’ve got a Crank Bros multi-tool, the chain splitter is great and it has spoke-keys too. But the allen keys were a bit soft so I now carry a 5mm full size one as well. It even has a stumpy 8mm allen key for crank bolts.

CB 17 as well. I’d buy another. Not that I think I’ll ever need to.

ashfanman
    Free Member

wouldn’t buy ashfanman’s as its cheaper at merlin

Ah, hadn’t spotted it had come down in price. Will now sell for £15 with free postage.

GHill

Topeak Ratchet Rocket, having a ratchet for a portable bike tool is ace.

AlasdairMc

I used to carry a Topeak Alien, but now use a much simpler Lezyne Rap-13 that came out of the pack Wiggle were selling ages ago. No need for the Alien anymore on the trail as it’s pretty heavy and I have no need for spanners.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Which bike tool for the trail???’ is closed to new replies.