Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • which bike for everything from this lot
  • rOcKeTdOg

singular swift
    P.A.
    Ex8
    Wanga

i'd like to get back to the days of one bike, the days when tyres wore out because it was the only thing you rode and didn't swap between different bikes, i want to be able to put all the good kit on one frame and not spread mediocre parts between 4 (can't afford to kit them all out as i'd like)
    but also i'm too weak to decide!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Out of that lot, the Trek. 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Trek + 1

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigJohn

A long travel hardtail that you can have as geared or singlespeed, with the aid of a tensioner, and which is comfortable as an all day bike.

I don't know which of the above fits that description. If, like me, you had a Soul with 130mm Menjas I'd say that one.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

+1 for HT

I'd chose my own HT an Evil Sov, I suppose the PA is the closest there to that, and match it with a 100-140 fork (Rev, TALAS, Thor) build it up light but tough and then take it out and thrash the living sh1t out of it

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Swift

cookeaa

PA – keep it simple…

rOcKeTdOg

i'm thinking i ride the Wanga HT the most, so maybe the others have to be expelled?

mk1fan
    Free Member

PA or Wanga would be my choice.

ddmonkey

Only you can know. If it was me from that list I'd say the P.A.

bigsi
    Free Member

Rocketdog – If you break the Swift down i am interested in the Minutes 😉

Sorry i don't mean to sound like a vulcher 😳

steve_b77
    Free Member

To be honest I'd probably go for the EX8 as I doubt it'd be much heavier than any of the others – especially when you fit all the nice bits to it.

And the fact that it'll offer you the extra comfort/tractability of FS on long days out.

I'm kind of in the same situation myself.

I have a Nicolai Helius CC and a Cove Hand Job, the wife wants a bike andI think the Handjob will be going over to her once flats, thinner grips and a lady saddle has been fitted especially as the NIcolai is so damm good at everything and weighs the same.

juan
    Free Member

Well only you can know that. It depends where most of your riding is done, what kind of riding you mostly do and so and so.

sheldona
    Free Member

Keep the Swift or Wnaga.

Trek would be first to go 😉

ddmonkey

Havign given it more thought I'd say keep two! One FS and one HT. That's what you need, any less is madness! There is no such thing as one bike that does it all.

chakaping
    Free Member

Havign given it more thought I'd say keep two! One FS and one HT. That's what you need, any less is madness! There is no such thing as one bike that does it all.

I agree.

You don;t want to miss a ride because your bike's not working, so you need a spare.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

For your local Alpine terrain, id keep the PA out of that lot. Maybe mothball the Wanga frame incase you fancy some winter SS action when the weather is shitty?

billybob
    Free Member

PA – but I own one so would say that….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘which bike for everything from this lot’ is closed to new replies.