Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which bike dilemma, help please
  • gnusmas

I am looking to buy a budget cx bike and have seen 2 in Evans cycles. Jamis Nova Sport at £400 and Norco Search S3 at £450. Which of these 2 would be better according to the great minds of the hive?

Also seen the Pinnacle Dolomite 4 road bike at £490 on offer but unsure whether this would be too much bike for my commuting duties. I will not be racing and need something burly to haul my 17 stone (and dropping) frame around.

Can anyone aid me in my purchase of a new bike?

Thanks

darrenspink
    Free Member

Probably very much alike for that price, best thing would be for you to give them a quick test ride at Evans and see which you like the best.

gnusmas

If I wasn’t so far away from an Evans store I would as that would tell me straight away. I have a voucher for Evans hence why I am looking at their ranges. Just wandering if anyone has any opinions either way.

gnusmas

Subtle bump for any opinions from the evening crowd 🙂

razorrazoo

Stick them on the comparator. Main differences

Frame & Fork – The Norco is steel, the Jamis is Alu.

Drivechain – The Norco has 9spd Sora, the Jamis has 8spd Claris – Sora is a groupset above Claris (my CX has Claris, no problems with it).

Wheels are similar (same rims). Rest of the finishing kit is mainly in house branded kit.

So;

Steel with 9spd or Alu with 8 spd.

m360
    Free Member

Or you could have a 105 groupset, carbon forks and carbon rear stays, alloy frame, and much lighter bike with 60% off rrp and change for beer 😉

Cheeky link

gnusmas

m360, nice bike. Unfortunately too far away for me, i am in west wales 🙁 otherwise would have been ideal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which bike dilemma, help please’ is closed to new replies.