Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • which bike companies would you like to see making a comeback?
  • racefaceec90

have asked this on retrobike,but thought i’d ask here as well.personally i would love it if klein came back again (pre trek).have always lusted after their bikes (especially the attitude in purple linear fade paint job/with oversize rigid forks/one piece bar/stem combo.i remember at a london bike expo in 1992,they had a klein stand.there was an adroit on scales that was fitted with some very special components (it weighed under 20lbs!).i also picked up an attitude fuselage (frame forks,bar/stem combo),and it felt as light as a feather.unfortunately there was no way that i could afford one 🙂 so over to you.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Klein
    Bontrager
    Ritchey

martymac

muddy fox.
    great bikes in their day.
    offroad, genuinely innovative single pivot, lightweight too.
    obviously, my comments are based on what was available at the time, cant really compare them to modern machines, chalk/cheese.

LoCo
    Free Member

Kirk, magnesium bikes 😯

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Schwinn used to make some classy looking dh type frames, as did Mountain Cycle.

Also, GT to make a proper Zaskar again, and companies to start making classy steel hardtails again rather than cheap alu ones (Specialized, Kona, Marin et al)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Kona – from about 94/95/96. 😉

Amp Research.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Saracen – seems to be happening.
    Raleigh
    Diamond Back
    Checker Pig – if only for the name!

racefaceec90

davidtaylforth i totally agree with you about the gt zaskar.i have always wanted one of those bikes (the modern ones are just not the same)it’s the ball burnished aluminium that did it for me/they looked like they could survive a nuclear blast.+hans rey rode one.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

AlpineStars – If only so that I could finally buy the bike I always couldnt afford when I was 12.

finbar
    Free Member

Fat Chance, not that i could afford one if they did. Also Trimble, because they had the best paintjobs ever.

tomlevell

Still around
    http://www.checker-pig.com/

Fat Chance
    But then I wouldn’t as they couldn’t be what they were then.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I used to have a Klein like that, well it was a Klein Fervor. One of the best bikes I ever had until some kn@b nicked it.

Very hard back end but the acceleration and hill climbing was amazing.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’d certainly love to see a Keith Bontrager take on a modern steel hardtail.

I suspect it would look very like a Cotic, but I might be wrong…!

Fat Chance still sort of exist – now IF

Digger90
    Free Member

Hetchins.

They should be brought back by On One – as the technology is about the same 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘which bike companies would you like to see making a comeback?’ is closed to new replies.