Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Which Balance Bike?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

By the way, the wheels on the Hotwalk clear the frame, so you can do bar spins and tail whips on it. This is definitely a plus.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hotwalk is top of the list.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I can confirm that bar spins done by a 3 year old are VERY cool!! Most times he comes to a stop, Chatrlie throws the bike forward, does a bar spin and then pops it up on the back wheel with a big grin on his face!

He loves watching freeride videos on YouTube and always asks when he’ll be able to do backflips – Time to take out private medical cover I think!

oxym0r0n

Watching this with interest – I tried one of my (small) 18 month year old daughters on a Ridgeback and it will be too big, even with the seat clamp reversed inside the saddle. She grabbed the bars anyway and wanted to give it a go!

So, who makes the smallest balance bike, with the lowest saddle with proper pneumatic tyres?

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

I bought our little one a Hotwalk at Christmas, he was 2 in March and he is still a little small for it. The bike itself is brilliant; looks great, is well built and very light.

ocrider

So, who makes the smallest balance bike, with the lowest saddle with proper pneumatic tyres?

Adding this will drop the Firstbake that Papa_Lazarou linked to another 4cms. It may still be a stretch for a kid that age, but I doubt that you’d find anything smaller.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hugh we need videos of that 🙂

brassneck

HotWalk is nails too, I rode it down Carn Ingli .. well a fair old way till I couldn’t correct the wobble anymore and went in a hedge.

I was very, very drunk at the time.

It’s on to no. 2 son and no sign of breaking, only fixed one puncture so far too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve ridden mine around the house.. kind of.. bit small, I think stunt pegs would help.

jonathan
    Free Member

Jo Burt rode our Rothan once… he looked very stupid.

I stillthink the Rothan is likely to be one of the smallest. They list minimum inside leg as 30cm, although son no 2 is perching on it and he’s a long way off that yet.

Can’r find a pic of one with the seat right down but have a look and you’ll see that the seat goes lower than the height of the wheel:
    http://www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/rothan.html

jenniferp
    Free Member

I didn’t have a balance bike for my oldest child and really wish that I had. We got my daugther a smart gear balance bike. However, I found a great metal Balance Bike at this website and my youngest son loves it. I think that balance bikes are the quickest way to get young children active and involved with family!

rockhopper70

ridgeback scoot here…
    a vey succesful transition from this to a ridgeback pedal bike as per my video below…

all in an afternoon and the balance gained from the balance bike certainly helped.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Which Balance Bike?’ is closed to new replies.