Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which armoured undershorts?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Just bought some of the Sixsixone Bomber undershorts with the padded hips, coccyx etc. However, the lycra is so flimsy that aside from a square on impact to any of the pads, they don’t seem like they’ll stay put that well.

Can anyone recommend something similar but with perhaps a sturdier lycra between the padded parts that will actually stay put rather than just stretching out of place?

jes
    Free Member

Troy Lee, feel quite sturdy but wearable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve those shorts, are you sure you got the right size? Mine just fit like any other pair of lycra shorts and don’t move anywhere.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

you do know you’re meant to wear something over the top of them, and underneath. Your outer shorts will keep them in place, unless they’re hammerpants.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you do know you’re meant to wear something over the top of them, and underneath. Your outer shorts will keep them in place, unless they’re hammerpants.

Are you sure? They look pretty much like normal chamy free undershorts to me, just with added armour. I’ve never worn anything under them. And they’re pretty warm to pedal in as it is without adding bibs under them!

deus

Dainese.

Think POC make some too (no doubt silly expensive though)

Northwind

I’ve got some Bomber Evos and some standard Bombers, neither one really moves around- they’re a fairly close fit, and the shorts over them help with that too.

I don’t wear anything under them btw, that would seem a bit mad to me. But then I don’t wear chamois.

toys19
    Free Member

rock garden cya have proved themselves to be excellent.

prezet
    Free Member

Liking my fox ones. Fox Launch

mtbtomo
    Free Member

They do fit like a pair of normal lycra shorts but there are sturdy lycra shorts (say Endura MT500 with the kevlar threads) or flimsy lightweght inner shorts.

If you slide down on your side in a crash then I can well imagine them getting ridden up your leg amd be no better than normal lycra in that respect.

The Fox ones look quite good, how do they size up?

zangolin
    Free Member

Troy Lee shock doctor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which armoured undershorts?’ is closed to new replies.