Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • which angle grinder?… just killed mine…
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening… need a new 115mm angle grinder. mine was a 15 quid cheapy that has managed to survive the last 4 years but now I want something a bit more robust. any suggestions?
    Cheers

kayak23

I seem to have three now. I have a Hitachi 18v cordless one. Very good but pricey. I have a Bosch one that is great apart from that it doesn’t stay on when you let go of the button. The I have a Dewalt one at work. Very good, stays on allowing you to change hand position.
    Excellent.

£50 at Screwfix

stavromuller
    Free Member

I had a DeWalt 110v for years that was brill but left it on a site and replaced it with a DeWalt 18v cordless which is ok but eats battery power.

nickjb
    Free Member

Bosch Blue isn’t particularly expensive and pretty solid. I’m a fan of Hitachi grinders. Good quality for the money. Don’t think you can go too far wrong with any of the usual good brands.

daftvader
    Free Member

that one from screwfix looks like its perfect, good price too, cheers kayak

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Not sure you will notice much difference between the decent brands on an angle grinder. I’m a makita fan, so that was my choice and i have nothing to complain about. If you prefer your power tools with a yellow, green or red case I’m sure they will be fine also.

This is applying my philosophy that cheap tools are rarely a good investment. Someone may be along in a minute to recommend a b and q home brand special that worked well for them.

daftvader
    Free Member

I like yellow… 8)

porter_jamie

makita

thecaptain
    Free Member

I helped my Dad get a bosch for a job at his home. Liked it so much I got myself one. Mains power, about 40 quid I think. Maybe a little more robust than the v cheap ones, but not a silly price.

scotsman
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the 4 1/2″ just go for the 5″ they have the same 22.2 centre mount, only difference is the guard.

O and Makita or Bosch.

welshfarmer

I have been through a lot of grinders. Mostly Makita to be fair. However, they don’t last like they used to. I currently have a German made Metabo which is compact and powerful and so far proving to be reliable. Bought online somewhere for around the going rate for half decent 115mm grinders which is about £50

brickwizard
    Free Member

Used Hilti ones for years, cracking things and very good back up if anything goes wrong

Stoner
    Free Member

makita, so inexpensive, for top quality.

toby

I bought one of these when my stash of £15 Aldi ones ran out. So far I’ve been most impressed.

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Hitachi%20G12Sr3%204966376155347%20240V%20Mini%20Angle%20Grinder%20115Mm

jonahtonto
    Free Member

im loving my stanley fatmax one. more power than the bosch/makita/etc. torquey as hell and a 3 yr guarantee. oh and the key for changing discs fits into the handle. <£50 what more could you want?

bigblackshed

investment. Someone may be along in a minute to recommend a b and q home brand special that worked well for them.

I’ll be that ****.

I’ve had all sorts over the years, at work it’s a good named one, all much-the-muchness. At home I’ve got a £8 B&Q special. I kill angle grinders for fun. I don’t care if I kill it to death in flames.

slackalice
    Free Member

MTFU and get a file. Jeez…

😉

daftvader
    Free Member

It’s OK slackalice… I’ve got several of those too!! 😆

freeagent
    Free Member

We’ve got Hitachi in the factory at the moment – used 8 hours a day (weld prep)

cheekyget
    Free Member

I’ve got one of them B&q jobbies…..hear me out!!…..it’s been brill…it’s vari speed and cost me less than £25…..ok I don’t use it huge amounts but after 6 years it’s still kicking
    Now if you was to get a 9″ grinder..then Dewalt is a good up to get…….I’ve had mine 13years and it’s still working…after 20 extension and over 40 patios

daftvader
    Free Member

Went with a makita one in the end… It felt better in the hand than the dewalt one. Thanks for the suggestions

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘which angle grinder?… just killed mine…’ is closed to new replies.