Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • which adjustable long travel fork
  • roughneck
    Free Member

fox 36 or Rockshox Lyrik

Bagstard
    Free Member

Depends if you want coil or air? How importsnt is weight? I have used older talas and coil lyriks and really prefer the lyrik, however the newer talas are meant to be much better. Coils for me though.

billybob
    Free Member

I think fox forks are so much better made than rockshox.

Rockplough
    Free Member

I had this same choice to make. Went for U-Turn Lyriks myself because they seem to be more reliable (quite a few reports of TALAS breaking), the travel is more tuneable, and I can service them myself instead of paying £100 a year to Mojo. Not to mention the whole stanchion wear thing. The Lyriks are a bit heavier but I can live with it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

At £499 for the coil U-Turn Lyrik (which is a great fork, perhaps not as reliable as a Fox, but the damping works well and it's stiff), vs £730 for the Fox 36 Talas, do you really need to ask?

RS Lyrik Coil – New

RS can't be all that bad; after all they've more or less dominated DH racing the last 10 years. Yes my Lyriks did need replacing but they were replaced within five days and have since performed faultlessly for 9 months.

The other big advantage of Rock Shox (especially the coil Lyrik) is that they are so easy to maintain. Removing the lowers, cleaning and adding in fresh lube oil is a 15 minute job tops that even the most inept mechanic can undertake. Means you don't have to send them off at great expense.

Bregante

At £499 for the coil U-Turn Lyrik (which is a great fork, perhaps not as reliable as a Fox, but the damping works well and it's stiff), vs £730 for the Fox 36 Talas, do you really need to ask?

RS Lyrik Coil – New

Bargain – you just need to buy a frame with them to get them at that price!

roughneck
    Free Member

So what is the weight difference between coil and air Lyrik and the Talas.
    Was thinking 2 step Lyrik.

Rockplough
    Free Member

2010 2-step air and u-turn coil Lyrik are both 2400g

2010 36 talas is 2260g

geetee1972
    Free Member

Bargain – you just need to buy a frame with them to get them at that price!

I know it's confusing, but I've just checked with the guys and they are selling them at £499 whether you buy a frame or not. On the website, put a set in your shopping basket and the price shows £499,

The Lyriks are 1lb heavier than a Fox 36 Float and 0.7lbs heavier than the Van 36.

roughneck
    Free Member

where from, the link is not loading

j-claw
    Free Member

My 2010 36 Talas RC2 is awesome – highly recommended.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘which adjustable long travel fork’ is closed to new replies.