Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Adjustable height seatpost?
  • johnhe

I already have a gravity dropper seatpost with remote, which is so fabulous, I want to buy a second adj height post for my other bike. My GD has been stuningly simple and reliable, but I have to admit, it’s pretty ugly.

I’m wondering about going without the remote to make my next post more easily swappable between bikes. I can also see that more than two height positions might be useful, although I’m worried about that leading to much faffing around.

I don’t really follow the latest trends I’m afraid, so I’m hoping you can give me an instant update on the past 2 years developments! Is there a post which is waaay out in front of the others? Shoud I stick with reliable but ugly, or are there other posts which look great and are also low faff/very reliable?

The non-remote Joplin looks like a good price, and a really good looking post, but I get the impression that reliability on the hydraulic posts is really suspect??

MadPierre

Reverb with remote. None of the others come close

hugor
    Free Member

I already have a gravity dropper seatpost with remote, which is so fabulous, I want to buy a second adj height post for my other bike. My GD has been stuningly simple and reliable, but I have to admit, it’s pretty ugly.

I think you’ve answered your own question there.
    Do you want a better looking but broken one instead?
    I bet you couldn’t flick by 2 pages around here without a broken reverb thread.

Trimix
    Free Member

My Reverb is not broken, my mates GD broke 🙂

It got stuck down when he was trying to tell me that it may be ugly, but always works………… I laughed for hours.

M6TTF
    Free Member

new crank bros looks interesting – light too

legend
    Free Member

Trimix, did he fix it himself though or have to send it to someone else?

100mphplus
    Free Member

All posts with the hose/cable attached at the top are just wrong! Any designer who thinks a loop of cable flapping around is a good idea wants their brain testing.

I love the look of the new Kronology, I recently got a Reverb on a new bike and I hate it due to the sh1te cable.

As soon as the Stealth Reverb or the Kronology are released I will be changing the reverb.

lostboysaint
    Free Member

Reverb.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I love the simplicity of the GD, but dislike its lack of sealing (and failure in the wet).

KS i900 is currently back with Pure-Race to be refurbed after the daft needle bearing design inside gouged chunks out of the slider.

Intrigued by the new Crank Bros.

passtherizla
    Free Member

DSP Bighorn? I have one its ace. simple cable, handle bar mounted lever it does route to the head of the post though where the saddle attaches if that bothers you. £175 from LOCO.

tealeith
    Free Member

I have the KS i7 27.2 post : http://www.pure-race.com/KS%20i7.html

null

After a couple of false starts where it seemed very unreliable and would spin around on it’s mount (fixed by some thread-lock which they had forgotten to do in the factory on a bolt inside, I was just unlucky)it has been very reliable.

I’ve had it on my bike since August 2010 through two winters and its got plenty muddy in that time and still working strong with very little play in it.

johnhe

I hadn’t considered the KS stuff to be honest. Does anyone else find them reliable or otherwise?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

KS i900 is currently back with Pure-Race to be refurbed after the daft needle bearing design inside gouged chunks out of the slider.

😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which Adjustable height seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.