Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which adaptor for Hope Mono M4s with 183mm rotor + Fox Float RL forks?
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

Anyone? Had no idea what a bewildering minefield of choices awaits the disc mount adaptor buyer.

clubber
    Free Member

What types of mount do the fork and brake caliper have?

pace8500
    Free Member

If youre forks are postmount like my Fox Vanillas then you will need the H adapter off this list:

http://www.hopegb.com/voir_hbm_image__tgrandeimage_1.html

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I think the forks are post mount but the calipers are whatever the other type is – IS?

The calipers are designed such that the bolts screw in sideways, towards the wheel, whereas the bolt holes on the forks face the other way, at right angles to that, towards the fork lowers.

sam42
    Free Member

what pace 8500 said…..

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Yeah but, no but…

Looking at that list, it looks like J off the list is more what's needed, because the bolt holes are facing different directions on that one.

Does that make sense?

pace8500
    Free Member

In that case you would probably need a J adaptor. If i were you i would just give hope a quick ring. They were more then helpfull when i was in the same situation a few months back

bigyinn
    Free Member

edit TOO SLOW!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Like this?

pace8500
    Free Member

Actually i think that one is for a post mount caliper to an IS mount fork, you would need the reverse. Are you sure youre calipers are IS mount?

whytetrash

pace8500 is right…

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Here's a pic. The thing pictured above looks like it has holes in all the right places but is it the right way round?

pace8500
    Free Member

You might be able to use the J adaptor. Youre best bet is definately giving hope a ring. No doubt they will be able to answer youre question straight away

younggeoff

All wrong, firstly you'll need a bigger rotor if it's designed for a 180mm disc you'll have to buy a 200mm disk and the HBSM20H adaptor only know cos had to do this the other week

mtbmarkymark
    Free Member

Younggeoff is absolutely right. I had exactly the same situation. The mono M4 calipers are designed to fit 180mm rotors on an I.S fork without a adaptor. The options are.
    1)Get a 200mm rotor for the front and you can then get an adaptor.
    2) Get some mono mini brakes which are designed for 160mm rotors. The same adaptor will then let you use the 180mm rotors
    3) buy a M4 with postmount caliper for the front
    Hope this helps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which adaptor for Hope Mono M4s with 183mm rotor + Fox Float RL forks?’ is closed to new replies.