Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which 650B plus wheelset?
  • scottalej
    Free Member

Having just bought a bargain 650B plus hardtail and loving it I’m now looking at fitting plus wheels on my sb95c along with 2.8″ tyres.

What is a good cheapish wheelset with 30 – 40mm internal rim width? Anyone have experience of the Halo vapour 35?

davros

I’ve been looking into this for my tarn. I suspect I will probably go for these at 245 a pair https://www.merlincycles.com/pro-build-chosen-hub-alex-xm35-trail-wheels-275-100437.html

Or at the narrower and cheaper end, which may be ok if you’re running 2.8 these for only 200 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/nukeproof-neutron-mtb-wheelset/rp-prod160742

Plus you could get another 20 off the nukeproof with bc discount.

I think the halo vapour were reviewed on the main site so may be worth checking the reviews.

I’m trying to wait until conditions have improved til I go plus but I suspect I’ll cave soon!

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got a halo vapour 35 rear with the whizzy engagement freehub. Seems well built, went up tubeless easily and has stayed up without sealant for a week ( using 29er version while conditions are sloppy) much lighter than the Hope/Scraper wheel I’ve got

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have a set of Alpkit love mud 650 plus wheels that I need to sell, along with three sets of plus tyres. They seem to be the defacto cheapish wheelset for plus bike.

If you’re interested let me know, I’d want £100 plus post with one set of tyres for them.

RichT

Hi munrobiker, if scottalej or others above are not interested in your wheels, I might be. Please drop me an email, as I can’t find an address on your profile. Thanks.

TheGhost
    Free Member
    scottalej
    Free Member

Thanks all. Sorry, I should have specified non boost hubs. The Nukeproof Neutrons look like the best deal especially as they are properly tubeless ready, thanks davros. I can’t go too wide on the rim as there isn’t much clearance so the Alpkits are no good for me unfortunately. I would be interested in a couple of tyres though munrobiker if you have any 2.8?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve sent you an email.

nixie

The halo vapour 35 is a nice rim but it’s not a plus rim. The 35 is external width.

ryu1720
    Free Member

@munrobiker i’ve also sent you a pm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which 650B plus wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.